Intec Gamecube Advance Port

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by opiv22, Dec 25, 2007.

Dec 25, 2007

Intec Gamecube Advance Port by opiv22 at 1:06 PM (1,530 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. opiv22
    OP

Newcomer opiv22 Member

United States
    [​IMG]

I got this item just recently and I think it's got the same problem as freeloaders and the new firmware. I'm running my US Wii chipped with a Wiikey and the most recent firmware. I have yet to confirm that this is in fact the case. Anyhow, I was curious as to whether it's possible to get this working, as of now when plugged in it gives me the whole black screen w/white text telling me to eject game and restart console. It's a long shot, but I figured this would be the first place to ask. If anybody has any info or experience please let me know. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It doesn't even work on the later revisions of Gamecube, so I'd be surprised if it worked on the Wii.

3. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Is that helpful?

4. arctic_flame

United Kingdom
    That review is of questionable value.

1. The facts are plainly wrong. The Nintendo GB Player Specs stated are just wrong.
    2. Sounds like he's never tried it on a Wii. I know for a fact that they don't work on later gamecubes, so why would they work on the Wii
    3. The Wii updates have blocked the disc header used anyway. Annoying, but can be got around.

To answer the OP's question, the easiest way to get it booting would be to dump the Disc that came with it (Use a SD Gecko/LG Drive/Vioper GC Extreme/method of choice) and make a GCOS'd version. That will boot it, but I doubt it would work anyway...

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    See the date of that article [​IMG]

6. arctic_flame

United Kingdom
    Doesn't change the fact that his facts are inaccurate.

7. opiv22
    OP

Newcomer opiv22 Member

United States
    hrm, ripping the disc and using gcos might be the best option. I left my Gecko adapter at home and won't be back for a month (I'm on vacation), if anybody has got the disc themselves and is willing to help me out, please pm me. Thanks for the input 8D

8. arctic_flame

United Kingdom