• Replies 447
  • Likes 1

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reflowing was unnecessary in your case. General assumption for breaking CLK is digging too deep into the blind via resulting in cutting the connection.
You're probably right about the eMMC.

Question about that via. Is that trace coming from the SoC, going through the via to the underside of the board and connecting to the eMMC somewhere? If so, then why so we not pick up the signal on a track on the underside of the board? It seems quite challenging getting it from the via near the SoC.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You're probably right about the eMMC.

Question about that via. Is that trace coming from the SoC, going through the via to the underside of the board and connecting to the eMMC somewhere? If so, then why so we not pick up the signal on a track on the underside of the board? It seems quite challenging getting it from the via near the SoC.
Because Big N noted the flaws in V1/V2 and made it more challenging pulling from these lines. Only reachable point for CLK is near the via point otherwise you're going to dig 3 layers deep into the board.

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know if the Instinct-NX V6 (black) would work on Switch V2? I've checked AliExpress and the kits they have don't include V2 (Meriko) flex ribbon cables, which I find strange that it would work on OLED and Lite but not V2.

Nevermind, the answer is here https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the Instinct-NX V6 (black) would work on Switch V2? I've checked AliExpress and the kits they have don't include V2 (Meriko) flex ribbon cables, which I find strange that it would work on OLED and Lite but not V2.

Nevermind, the answer is here https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM

Normally people get Instinct NX for OLED, if you have a V2 go for a Core chip like Hwfly V4/V5 or RP 2040 Hwfly Core.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Normally people get Instinct NX for OLED, if you have a V2 go for a Core chip like Hwfly V4/V5 or RP 2040 Hwfly Core.
Thanks. The Hwfly is all but impossible to find now and I'm a little hesitant on the Picofly as I've heard of some reliability issues. Was hoping there was a way to use the Instinct-NX but guess there isn't. Thanks again

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. The Hwfly is all but impossible to find now and I'm a little hesitant on the Picofly as I've heard of some reliability issues. Was hoping there was a way to use the Instinct-NX but guess there isn't. Thanks again

Im afraid probably not possible, haven't seen anyone with a Instinct NX on a V2 board.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've just had my first go at fitting in an Instinct NX in my OLED, and while I got to the NO SD page without any issues, I got blue screen when booting into OFW and black screen with SD card. All my points checked out and I checked all points with a multimeter and they all checked out too.

I've since removed the dat0 adapter and the apu flex and I still get blue screen when booting normally. I can't figure out what I may have messed up. Anyone able to suggest things I could check?

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures but I can send pictures if needed

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason why some people don't solder the GND point of the chip?

Just seen there is now a V6S chip, new revision? Anyone know what has changed/improved?

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just seen there is now a V6S chip, new revision? Anyone know what has changed/improved?
Looks like these, at least:

Interesting features of the Instinct-NX V6s :

-We can upgrade / reset the chip via the console's USB port.
-It trains relatively faster than the V6.
-Boots to payload.bin almost immediately.
-Works on all NX variants, from the V1, V2, Lite until the OLED.
- Physically it is slimmer than the V6
Source

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In Sthetix's vid he doesn't seem to solder any GND points so I'm just curious... Maybe I should just ask him but I thought others might know also
No need to solder ground.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone have the firmware for v6s?Can you share it?
My V6 came preloaded with the correct firmware. I would assume the same of v6s.

Reactions: iViperz

insanecrazydude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I bought one of these INSTINCT NX for my Lite. However there are no youtube tutorials on installing the Instinct onto the lite only the oled. How do the steps differ? Do I just follow any guide on the OLED and should be good enough?

What do I do with that small DAT0 flex cable?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I bought one of these INSTINCT NX for my Lite. However there are no youtube tutorials on installing the Instinct onto the lite only the oled. How do the steps differ? Do I just follow any guide on the OLED and should be good enough?

What do I do with that small DAT0 flex cable?

Sthetix has done a video on the lite. It's titled "Soldering the V6 on a lite"

Reactions: insanecrazydude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol