• Replies 447
  • Likes 1

Stidwack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found documentation on the V6S on how to reset it using the consoles USB-C port? I'm interested in this but have only seen Sthetix's installation and he does not demonstrate that feature in the video (unless he's posted about it since then, haven't looked recently).

insanecrazydude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just installed the chip and got that INSTINCT NX screen with NO SD CARD connected. So seems like it worked.

Thanks for all your help. Install wasn't that difficult actually.

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone found documentation on the V6S on how to reset it using the consoles USB-C port? I'm interested in this but have only seen Sthetix's installation and he does not demonstrate that feature in the video (unless he's posted about it since then, haven't looked recently).
I've installed the Instinct V6 black (not V6s) and had it connected via USB-C to serial console. There is a help menu in there that would guide on how to use it. I remember a reset function which put it back to factory so when it was powered on the first time it would do the initial glitch learning it normally does. I'm sure the V6s would have that too.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've just had my first go at fitting in an Instinct NX in my OLED, and while I got to the NO SD page without any issues, I got blue screen when booting into OFW and black screen with SD card. All my points checked out and I checked all points with a multimeter and they all checked out too.

I've since removed the dat0 adapter and the apu flex and I still get blue screen when booting normally. I can't figure out what I may have messed up. Anyone able to suggest things I could check?

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures but I can send pictures if needed
Just reviving this thread as when I searched for a solution, I couldn't find any so I'd like to share mine just in case anyone sees this in the future with the same prob.
it turns out that during disassembly of the APU shield and cutting of the APU frame, I unknowingly scratched and accidentally cut a trace going into the APU. Upon bridging the trace I was able to boot back into OFW perfectly fine. A good lesson in "check your traces" for me

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Really like this chip

Attachments

• 20240126_133511.jpg
    20240126_133511.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240126_141909.jpg
    20240126_141909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240126_142944.jpg
    20240126_142944.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240126_164329.jpg
    20240126_164329.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240126_165204.jpg
    20240126_165204.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I see the JLCPCB box in one of your pictures.

Did you use the emmc adapter from JLCPCB? or just the regular gold adapter?

And I noticed in an earlier post you used the kamikaze method for a picofly install, which method do you prefer?
The kamikaze was a different oled. On this one I did a regular Dat0 adapter without the anchor points + Solder mask uv resin cured for 15 minutes. I ordered some dat0 adapters that have the anchor points and they all sucked, not sure if it was a bad batch cause I've had really good ones of this same version. Kamikaze hack is cool but I prefer that route as a 2nd option. I prefer the dat0 adapters with the anchor points like some Instincts NX come with.

Zq5aLlJ.jpeg

L9K6ryO.jpeg

Reactions: nitrozz and Newtype

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but i bought a OLED with the instinct modchip, it still uses the current account/info of the previous owner. Can i safely factory reset the switch and then set it up as new? (and then via Hekate set up the emunand etc) or not? If so is there a guide i can follow? I am familair with the v1 CFW methods, but not with the modchip (yet).

Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but i bought a OLED with the instinct modchip, it still uses the current account/info of the previous owner. Can i safely factory reset the switch and then set it up as new? (and then via Hekate set up the emunand etc) or not? If so is there a guide i can follow? I am familair with the v1 CFW methods, but not with the modchip (yet).

Thanks

Did the previous owner installed nsp/xci on sysnand CFW?

Reactions: Veralyn

Keveco

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've installed the Instinct V6 black (not V6s) and had it connected via USB-C to serial console. There is a help menu in there that would guide on how to use it. I remember a reset function which put it back to factory so when it was powered on the first time it would do the initial glitch learning it normally does. I'm sure the V6s would have that too.
May u share that V6 guide, I can't find it

Please
Post automatically merged:

Please

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

Please

Please
sthetix on youtube have complete comprehensive guides on how to install these.

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Please

Please
I followed the instructions in the YT video below with the difference being I used wire to solder only point C (dat0) and point B (rst).
In the video all the other points he did with wires but I just used the ribbon flex cable the chip came with instead.

Please

Please
I just read my initial message you quoted. If you need to connect to serial on the chip then just connect the USB to it and use Putty to connect to the COM port of the serial using baud 9600. Google for instructions.

Newtype

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone else had this issue where it lights green, boots into hekate and instantly turns off again just to glitch again?

Its stuck in a glitch loop where it constantly glitches, turns green and turns off again =/

While troubleshooting:

I tried to update the V6S modchip.

But I get the error. "Failed to init SDMMC SDIO"

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    639.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by Newtype,

Newtype

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone who can dump the Gigadevice chip on a working V6S for me and share the complete .bin file?

Seems that it's slightly different than the v1.3 floating around online =/

If you hold vol+ and vol- together while trying to boot, does it boot to stock firmware?

I had an Instinct chip that functioned "fine" as you showed in your video, but there were shorts on the chip itself that, for whatever reason, would not allow the Switch to boot even after going through the training and finally showing the green success LED. I swapped it out for another Instinct and it booted up perfectly.

If you're sure that all your solder points are reading as they should, it could even be a problem with the OLED display. Try reseating the ribbon cable for the screen?

Seems i have this exact issue, trying to flash it using an ST-link :/

Last edited by Newtype,

GelmerB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I've got some V6 chips black from a guy and would like to know if I have to update the firmware of them? I can only find v1.3 for the v6s? Or is this also compatible for the V6?

TDTHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Nintendo Switch OLED with a chip installed. I know that there is no need to update the chip right now. I just wanted to know without opening the Nintendo switch, removing the micro SD, instinct-nx comes out not micro SD. does it mean it's the instinct-nx? or can it be hwfly? It is in case it needs to be updated in the future. My English is very bad

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Nintendo Switch OLED with a chip installed. I know that there is no need to update the chip right now. I just wanted to know without opening the Nintendo switch, removing the micro SD, instinct-nx comes out not micro SD. does it mean it's the instinct-nx? or can it be hwfly? It is in case it needs to be updated in the future. My English is very bad

If you get this photo it is Instinct NX

1714066761894.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...