• Replies 447
  • Likes 1

jabz10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Depends on what you want to do with that 64GB emunand, if you want to use that 64GB space, also depend if that synsand is clean or not if it is clean and if you plan to play online just use an emunand CFW, it is more important to have a NAND backup on hand.

I booted into OFW sysnand? and setup my Nintendo account and went online fine.

I want to use CFW mainly for home-brew, retro consoles/games, SCUMMVM etc.. unlikley I will be playing any N* pirated switch games.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted into OFW sysnand? and setup my Nintendo account and went online fine.

I want to use CFW mainly for home-brew, retro consoles/games, SCUMMVM etc.. unlikley I will be playing any N* pirated switch games.

I will suggest an emunand like what @linuxares suggested just incase if you ever want to use that sysnand for online play.

Relon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it works, why update? I personally believe that there will be no new software. Instinct supports standard serial communication that enables diagnostic and reset it to default settings to start learning from scratch: just in case there are glitch issues but I don't know if that will be necessary as it is supposed to detect such a situation and deal with it.

Reactions: burhansalih

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new revision of the INSTINCT-NX has been released.

It looks like the VIAs for A, B, C and D, have moved to above the eMMC FFC connector. Also includes new FFCs for v2 and Lite consoles.

Comes in "New Black" and "Silver"? Not sure what "Silver" is supposed to be - They just specify it as an "Other Batch Order" and to contact them before ordering.

GBAn00b1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, if i have Lite , should i install instinct nx instead of hwfly for futureproof?

thanks before
If you want future proof then I would prob use a pico based chip. I have used Hwfly Lite, Hwfly OLED and Hwfly-Rp2040 chips on lites and they all work fine, but the RP2040 consistently boots faster. The V3 OLED boots pretty quick too, but I think that was only after I loaded the latest hwfly FW. From what I gathered the prob with the Hwfly based RP2040s on ali is that the picofly fw might not be 100% compatible with those chips; someone please correct me if I am wrong. I have been following the fly2040 project and I think I am going to try those chips out. As of right now I am not sure how to program the fly2040's which is why I haven't tried it yet.

1xbxone

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
So im doing this with a friend and we both have oled zelda switches, both of them give OL on diode mode prior so if yours are fine I’ll continue on then i appreciate the reply thanks man!
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately its not booting, im getting this LED code but I can’t for the life of me find a list of the codes to understand what it means.

-editing for proper video link the led code has changed

Hi there, was it due to a faulty dat0? If not, how did you fix it? Hope you can share

martijndk1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke guys, my son get a switch oled for his birthday but first i have to manipulate the device:rofl2:.
But 1 problem, it has 20 years ago that i have modded a game computer.
my instinct v6 black is on his way to holland, and i was hoping the package had his own private jet but unfortnatly i have to wait for a week and a half.
Now i have time to google, searching and asking here to help me in the right direction.

Can i dual boot with ofw and cfw, that the device default ofw boots so my son can play online with the original games?
Or does he have to do some tricks to go online.

Can someone point me to the right direction, there are a lot of video guides but i am of the old stamp;)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oke guys, my son get a switch oled for his birthday but first i have to manipulate the device:rofl2:.
But 1 problem, it has 20 years ago that i have modded a game computer.
my instinct v6 black is on his way to holland, and i was hoping the package had his own private jet but unfortnatly i have to wait for a week and a half.
Now i have time to google, searching and asking here to help me in the right direction.

Can i dual boot with ofw and cfw, that the device default ofw boots so my son can play online with the original games?
Or does he have to do some tricks to go online.

Can someone point me to the right direction, there are a lot of video guides but i am of the old stamp;)

You have to seperate the NAND, basically you would use OFW/Sysnand for online play and use an emunand for pirated games, homebrew.

https://rentry.org/Getting_Started

Reactions: SylverReZ

martijndk1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thats a good direction, i am going to sleep now and read it tomorrow,

thanks again.:)
Post automatically merged:

Oke i was thinking about the modchip, as seen in the picture i have read that from the black board the 3.3 flex is good that i dont have to solder al wires. is that true?
I see different videos and they do different things.
There was one guy that heats the emmc up but i don't risk that witout a backup.

the other ribbons is for switch v1 and lite fcp so i can discard that. The usb flex where is that for do i have to use that with an switch oled.

EDIT: Now i see that this is a picture of the new black and i have ordered the old black.
The tutorial from sthetix is that good, i think he dont use the 3.3 flex.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-29 222437.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 222437.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by martijndk1983,
Reactions: Hayato213

rkayd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello fellow masters of the universe,

I updated my V6 to a new firmware (dumb) and now I the OLED switch boots directly to OFW. Unfortunately, the chip is no longer in DFU mode and is no longer detectable on my PC so I can't flash it back. I have this programmer (in pic) but I'm not sure how to hook it up to the new V6 chip. I have no idea what pins are Rx and Tx.

Can anyone help me out by being an absolute boss and find the pinout for these pins so I can program it? Thx

IMG_5687.jpg

martijndk1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oké, I have a little problem.
Again!!
😬

When i picked up my device it was booting correctly.
On my way home in the car i boot a few times in cfw and ofw.
When i was home it won't boot the chip.

It is long purple few times green,long purple and a few times red.and goes to ofw.
So it must be the dat0 but how?
I removed the dat0 flex already and place it back in and gave a little bit better values.
So before i screwed the backplate back I test multiple times and it worked.

I finish the switch and the same problem.
Dat0 error.

A. 0.600
C. 0.598
D. 0.607
3.3. 0.749

Thanks for your help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: