• Views 138,520
  • Replies 447
  • Likes 1

beeboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info regarding the white PCB everyone.

Lo and behold, here's the courier...with a black PCB one anyway, lol.
Looks good under a magnifying glass, I'll give it a full inspection under the microscope once I get the chance.

I'll try to post the install later if possible. I do phone repairs, laptops etc, so fingers crossed it goes well. My firs ever mod was the original Xbox Xecuter chip. It's still going strong too, which is surprising as I used a £5 soldering iron, no flux, a pin to scrape the D0 point, an no magnifying. Younger eyes back then I suppose hehe.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info regarding the white PCB everyone.

Lo and behold, here's the courier...with a black PCB one anyway, lol.
Looks good under a magnifying glass, I'll give it a full inspection under the microscope once I get the chance.

I'll try to post the install later if possible. I do phone repairs, laptops etc, so fingers crossed it goes well. My firs ever mod was the original Xbox Xecuter chip. It's still going strong too, which is surprising as I used a £5 soldering iron, no flux, a pin to scrape the D0 point, an no magnifying. Younger eyes back then I suppose hehe.

Heh good luck.
I was planning on doing it myself, then when I realized how small it actually was I just paid somebody instead :rofl:

beeboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi y'all, I will install the black instinct v6 on my oled today, should I do something before installing it?
I mean, I asked the seller for any firmware update since I bought it 15 days ago, but the response was "firmware already installed".
As he's not selling it anymore, I don't have access to the tutorial in the Ali express item description, so I don't have any way to know if there are any new firmware updates.

Also I don't have the files to put in the SD card for Hekate and stuff, so i would appreciate if you can point me to a guide or something.
I'm far from the expert here (see my messages above) but sthetix on youtube has very thorough videos installing the V6, and even a new one specifically for the new ribbon cable. He's well respected so I feel ok recommending him https://www.youtube.com/@sthetixofficial
Personally, I prefer a good written guide with good pics, but there's nothing as complete as the videos as far as I can see anyway.
Maybe have a look at the videos and wait to see what some of the members who are more experienced with this chip add.

It should be pre-flashed like they said, but here's the link I have anyway http://bit.ly/3TjSnot

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have two oled, one with instinct and another with picofly and pico is a little faster.

Both are working with atmosphere in HOS and lineage Android.
Can i ask in regards the picofly. Are you using the rp2040 on hwfly board from ali? Ive read thats its not stable and now having thoughts whether i should proceed with it or just stick to instinctnx. Done couple of instinctnx with no issues previously.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can i ask in regards the picofly. Are you using the rp2040 on hwfly board from ali? Ive read thats its not stable and now having thoughts whether i should proceed with it or just stick to instinctnx. Done couple of instinctnx with no issues previously.
RDzhVN0.jpg

Confirm working on oled. Sorry for the install, the only one console I had available was installed with hwfly 4.1. Replaced lower flex and leaved upper flex only for not removing the board and do it faster.
The quality seems to be the same like oled V6 (same factory maybe?)
It has old firmware (hekate no sd screen)
Works as fast as rp2040 zero, instantly in my case.

Gh0staya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Incase any one’s wondering, I redid my cpu cable and switched back to the flex and it worked for some reason (all points still measured the same). But I did break the display connector 🥲
Final update to my situation, I ordered the lcd connector from aliexpress for about $6 for 2 connectors. I couldn't replace the connector using a heat gun because underneath the connector is the emmc on the oled, so I had to solder it pin by pin using a shitty usb microscope which was 100 times more difficult than the mod installation (first time micro soldering and modding anything). Also after a while my switch started to randomly boot to ofw instead of hekate and the chip would blink white, found out point D on the flex wasn't making a good connection so I replaced it with a fly wire and now it glitches 100% of the time.

Anyways, if you are attempting to install this mod please be careful with the lcd connector when disassembling its so fragile and replacing it is a bitch.

Attachments

• IMG_5213.jpg
    IMG_5213.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5214.jpg
    IMG_5214.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by Gh0staya,

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Final update to my situation, I ordered the lcd connector from aliexpress for about $6 for 2 connectors. I couldn't replace the connector using a heat gun because underneath the connector is the emmc on the oled, so I had to solder it pin by pin using a shitty usb microscope which was 100 times more difficult than the mod installation (first time micro soldering and modding anything). Also after a while my switch started to randomly boot to ofw instead of hekate and the chip would blink white, found out point D on the flex wasn't making a good connection so I replaced it with a fly wire and now it glitches 100% of the time.

Anyways, if you are attempting to install this mod please be careful with the lcd connector when disassembling its so fragile and replacing it is a bitch.
wow awesome!
Would you happen to have pics of your installation of the pin by pin connection

Gh0staya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
wow awesome!
Would you happen to have pics of your installation of the pin by pin connection
sorry, I didn't take photos with the microscope so I only have these shit quality ones for the back pins. Terrible solder job but it works :yay:

Attachments

• IMG_5192.jpg
    IMG_5192.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 59

beeboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How easy are the modchips to install? I'm wanting to mod my son's switch but struggling to find a UK trusted installer
I wouldn't advise it unless you have a microscope and some experience soldering very small components, and know how to check it all with a multimeter .

I know of 2 good UK fitters, the TVPartsWorld guy who has stuff on youtube you can check out. And the guy in Bristol called BytesFree. He has examples of his stuff (all sorts of mods and consoles) on his website and it is very good quality, have a look
Friends have used the youtube guy and were happy, I use the Bristol chap, he's been great, really fast service, really nice tidy work.
Oh yeah, you'd have to contact them for current prices as they don't list these publicly.

Reactions: Henx and 38911

AlbinoDeano

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't advise it unless you have a microscope and some experience soldering very small components, and know how to check it all with a multimeter .

I know of 2 good UK fitters, the TVPartsWorld guy who has stuff on youtube you can check out. And the guy in Bristol called BytesFree. He has examples of his stuff (all sorts of mods and consoles) on his website and it is very good quality, have a look
Friends have used the youtube guy and were happy, I use the Bristol chap, he's been great, really fast service, really nice tidy work.
Oh yeah, you'd have to contact them for current prices as they don't list these publicly.
Thanks mate, appreciated!

I do have soldering experience but for what it costs I'll probably leave this one to the pro's

I did find someone local to whe re I work and he offered an HWFLY chip. But won't help with any setup.

I've been in touch with the guy from Bristol. He's offered a picofly mod. But doesn't offer any support to set up any files for the SD card.

I think I'll get it done probably from the guy in bristol but I suppose my next question would be are there any walkthroughs or anyone available for support once I've had this installed, as I'm a total noob to this.

Cheers,

Deano

beeboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I doubt any fitter would do the whole setup, (well, not without charging for it, and it does take a wee while. TBH, it's definitely best to learn it as something will need updated, or stop working at some point and you'll be on your own. Other than help here etc.

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

That's the guide I followed, and the one that is generally recommended I think. There are a few but this one covers it all, and is most up to date.
That, and loads of cross checking here, youtube, reddit etc and you'll be good to go.

I got stuck on a couple of things, like launching homebrew fully for example lol. But eventually it all clicks

Oh yeah, I started out usinh a pack (the HATS one) and even though it should be easier, mine went wrong somewhere so I had to just follow the guide fully. Much better though as I now know how it all goes together (or not lol)

Titotim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, I installed instinct Nx v6 chip after the installation I checked all joints value and everything is correct and the chip work. After couple days of the installation I always get the red light C point (dat0). I opened and check the C point again the value is different. I resolder it and chip work. Then I get red light again couple days later. What cause the C point keep getting red light? Please help.

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, I installed instinct Nx v6 chip after the installation I checked all joints value and everything is correct and the chip work. After couple days of the installation I always get the red light C point (dat0). I opened and check the C point again the value is different. I resolder it and chip work. Then I get red light again couple days later. What cause the C point keep getting red light? Please help.
i installed
instinct Nx v6 (white) after a few month i checking on on turning OFW, system nand fail on me take it off check all the soilders are good then it works again till a couple of month check it again and it fails on me. Chance of for pico 2040 zero so far so good. It a terible product

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ur dat0 adapter is barely touching the emmc point or flux residue under the emmc causing the changes. i would suggest remove the dat0, clean as much flux residue udner emmc as possible and resolder the dat0 adapter in place while applying pressure pushing the dat0 adapter to emmc joint.

jabz10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys, I purchased a OLED mainboard with Instinct V6 white pre soldered.. just cause I can't/didn't want to solder it. I have now replaced the mainboard with the one I purchased and it boots fine to the Instinct-NX boot screen (no sdcard) screen.

My question is around preparing a SDCard, I was provided with a download from the supplier that has Atmosphere1.5.4 with Modpack support Switch 16.0.3 and hkate6.0.4. If I copy these folders to the SDCard and boot it, will I still need to setup up emuNAND etc does it need it? Or will this already be using emuNAND?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi guys, I purchased a OLED mainboard with Instinct V6 white pre soldered.. just cause I can't/didn't want to solder it. I have now replaced the mainboard with the one I purchased and it boots fine to the Instinct-NX boot screen (no sdcard) screen.

My question is around preparing a SDCard, I was provided with a download from the supplier that has Atmosphere1.5.4 with Modpack support Switch 16.0.3 and hkate6.0.4. If I copy these folders to the SDCard and boot it, will I still need to setup up emuNAND etc? Or will this already be using emuNAND?
You most likely need to setup a emunand

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks is there a good guide to follow with instructions for the Instinct chips? Everything I've seen is for FuseeGelee or SX

Depends on what you want to do with that 64GB emunand, if you want to use that 64GB space, also depend if that synsand is clean or not if it is clean and if you plan to play online just use an emunand CFW, it is more important to have a NAND backup on hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps