Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately I've been taken on an interest in the Korean language so I got lots of Korean games to install on my 3ds so I can have fun while learning the language and all of the games installed fine and most of them displayed Korean texts correctly, but some of the games when the character speak and display dialogue, the texts that showed up were a bunch of question marks embedded in a block, take the game Gon Baku Baku Baku Baku for example:
20171112_173707.jpg
20171112_173716.jpg

The dialogue shows up in question marks while other parts of the game display Korean texts correctly, I guess those are hard coded whereas the dialogue parts needs encoding.

Some other games display Korean just fine, such as Fire Emblem Fate and Zelda ALBW, no problems in the dialogue:
20171112_173813.jpg
20171112_173929.jpg

However, let's say if I create a new game file in Zelda, question marks appeared in the input:
20171112_173852.jpg

My 3ds is USA and there is no option to set my system language to Korean thus no input for the keyboard to type Korean texts and it cannot encode the Korean texts correctly in the new game input, so after doing some research, it seems like I'll have to install the Korean version of the 3ds system software if I want full Korean support, or is there a simpler way to get around it? Maybe just getting the Korean font encoding files and install on my 3ds? Thanks.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that region changing guide isn't really what I am looking for, I think that is used to install games from different region, it also mentions this: "Note that region changing is almost completely unnecessary since Luma3DS supports out-of-region games and individual title region emulation."
What I am looking for is Korean codec or something to be able to render Korean texts properly.

To use the magnet links on this page, you will

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that region changing guide isn't really what I am looking for, I think that is used to install games from different region, it also mentions this: "Note that region changing is almost completely unnecessary since Luma3DS supports out-of-region games and individual title region emulation."
What I am looking for is Korean codec or something to be able to render Korean texts properly.

To use the magnet links on this page, you will

I don't know why you are having that problem. I can run the korean version of maplestory just fine without the issues you are having

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting... I've never experienced the dialog problem before... I use a New JP 3DS LL for most of the games including some Korean games, and I always have had keyboard issues, but never the dialog... I guess each game a has different mechanic when showing texts. Weren't there font patching CIAs like a year ago? I don't know if that doesn't work anymore but..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://3dshacks.wikia.com/wiki/ACG_Shared_Font_Tool

Here I found it. I don't know if it works or not but give it a try.

Oops the link is dead. Here's a korean blog that's distributing the files. Click the 첨부파일 you see on the right.

http://blog.naver.com/chltnsqja12/220907848532

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep I played maple story girls fate with no dialogue issue just like FE and Zelda, I guess it's one of those hard coded part of the game, no issues with rodea sky soldier or resident evil revelation or any of the Pokemon series, I guess Pokemon series are exempt due to the fact that every region release had seen multiple languages built in, gotta be hard coded

that font tool is probably what I am looking for, will check it out, thanks!

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... I've never experienced the dialog problem before... I use a New JP 3DS LL for most of the games including some Korean games, and I always have had keyboard issues, but never the dialog... I guess each game a has different mechanic when showing texts. Weren't there font patching CIAs like a year ago? I don't know if that doesn't work anymore but..

http://3dshacks.wikia.com/wiki/ACG_Shared_Font_Tool

Here I found it. I don't know if it works or not but give it a try.

Oops the link is dead. Here's a korean blog that's distributing the files. Click the 첨부파일 you see on the right.

http://blog.naver.com/chltnsqja12/220907848532

Thanks for the tool, it works great now!
From this:
20171112_173707.jpg

to this:
20171112_230659.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny