Hacking Installing IOS 249.....help?

daM00se16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I've bothered with my homebrew Wii in a minute. I kind of gave up after I learnt my wifi was "incompatible" with my wii and I was unable to install IOS 249, rendering practically everything unusable. In a way, I am asking two things.
Is there anyway I can install an IOS without internet? (load from SD card? I saw it in YAWMM)
How do I make my Wii recognize the internet? It sees the access point, but it just can't receive it. I don't really feel like messing with my router and it's settings, if that's not the only way to do it (though I'm sure it is)
Anyway, I hope you can help. Thanks
-Moose

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This is the first time I've bothered with my homebrew Wii in a minute. I kind of gave up after I learnt my wifi was "incompatible" with my wii and I was unable to install IOS 249, rendering practically everything unusable. In a way, I am asking two things.
Is there anyway I can install an IOS without internet? (load from SD card? I saw it in YAWMM)
How do I make my Wii recognize the internet? It sees the access point, but it just can't receive it. I don't really feel like messing with my router and it's settings, if that's not the only way to do it (though I'm sure it is)
Anyway, I hope you can help. Thanks
-Moose

Hello.:)

For your WiFi connection please check:

- Router settings of WiFi is turned on and which kind of encryption you have set (depending on your router):

Ohneuuiuiuiuiuiiuiuiu Titel-2.jpg

For you important is also the Wireless Network Name and the Security Key.

- in the Wii System settings:

1. Power on your Wii console and press the A Button for the Wii main menu.
    wiimenu.gif

Wii button highlighted on the Wii main menu
  2. Select Wii Settings to access the Wii System Settings menu.
    wiisettingsmenu.gif

Wii Settings option highlighted on the right of the Wii Settings screen
  3. Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select Internet.
    wii_settings_arrow.png

Internet button highlighted on the second page of Wii System Settings
  4. Select Connection Settings.
    wiisettingsInternet2.gif

Connection Settings option highlighted on the Internet menu in Wii Settings
  5. Select Connection 1: None.
    • If you do not have an empty connection slot, you will need to clear a slot.
      wiisettingsInternet3.gif

Connection 1, set for None, option highlighted on the Connection Settings menu
  6. Click on Wireless Connection, then click Search for an Access Point.
  7. Select OK. The Wii will display all the wireless networks it finds.
    sfap2.gif

OK highlighted on the Connection 1 menu to initiate the search for access points
  8. Select the wireless network that is yours (noted form PC Router settings).

Asked to enter a security key?
  • If you are prompted to Enter the Password or Key, then the wireless network you are trying to connect to has wireless security turned on. You will need to type in your security key or password and select OK.
    secureaccess.png

Enter the Password or Key field shown when a chosen access point has wireless security turned on
  • If you need to switch between upper and lower-case letters, or numbers and symbols, select the Shift key on the on-screen keyboard.
  • Ensure you review the security type in the top-left corner as well. If this is not the same security type that is used by your router, select Change Security Settings and select the appropriate security type.

For Installing an custom IOS you can use a .WAD Manager like YAWMM or Wii Mod Lite or Multi Mod Manager.:)

Your needed cIOS you can get the easiest way with the Tool ModMii (the .wad Managers also).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Thank you and Good Luck.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: robyspy

daM00se16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- in the Wii System settings:
  1. Power on your Wii console and press the A Button for the Wii main menu.

Wii button highlighted on the Wii main menu
  2. Select Wii Settings to access the Wii System Settings menu.
  3. For Installing an custom IOS you can use a .WAD Manager like YAWMM or Wii Mod Lite or Multi Mod Manager.:)

Your needed cIOS you can get the easiest way with the Tool ModMii (the .wad Managers also).

Thank you and Good Luck.:)

Yes.... I know how to set up an internet connection on my wii. My wii can see my access point, it is just too new for the wii. It does not understand it. I wanted to know if there was any way I could install a custom IOS without wifi or how to connect the wifi to my wii with the incompatible connection.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can use Modmii's main wizard to softmod your wii (including cios 249). It does not require internet ON YOUR WII. Modmii is a windows program that asks you soem questions, then builds you a custom guide to follow. All you need to do is copy the files ModMii provides to your sd card, then follow the guide.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes.... I know how to set up an internet connection on my wii. My wii can see my access point, it is just too new for the wii. It does not understand it. I wanted to know if there was any way I could install a custom IOS without wifi or how to connect the wifi to my wii with the incompatible connection.

Did you also try the manual Setup ?
You have to enter the Name of your wireless "Network" and the SSID only.The Rest you can leave to standard/automatic settings.

daM00se16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Modmii's main wizard to softmod your wii (including cios 249). It does not require internet ON YOUR WII. Modmii is a windows program that asks you soem questions, then builds you a custom guide to follow. All you need to do is copy the files ModMii provides to your sd card, then follow the guide.
How do I do this if i've already modded my wii using letterbomb?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Install ModMii onto your PC, run it, start the main wizard. It will tell you that you can answer that your wii is a virgin, even if it isn't (as is the case with your situation), and it's totally safe and while a step or two is redundant it is harmless and will overwrite any existing/outdated mods that might currently be in place.

The guide itself will even tell you to launch the hackmii installer from the HBC if you happen to have it installed in order to expedite your process

If you know exactly what you want to update, you can answer that your wii is NOT a virgin and then ModMii will ask you a lot more questions that will confuse a lot of ppl. If you're new to all this, it's much easier to just pretent its the first time your modding your console

daM00se16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install ModMii onto your PC, run it, start the main wizard. It will tell you that you can answer that your wii is a virgin, even if it isn't (as is the case with your situation), and it's totally safe and while a step or two is redundant it is harmless and will overwrite any existing/outdated mods that might currently be in place.

The guide itself will even tell you to launch the hackmii installer from the HBC if you happen to have it installed in order to expedite your process

If you know exactly what you want to update, you can answer that your wii is NOT a virgin and then ModMii will ask you a lot more questions that will confuse a lot of ppl. If you're new to all this, it's much easier to just pretent its the first time your modding your console
Sounds good, but just to be clear, this is GURANTEED to install ios 249 without internet access on my wii?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It is designed to work without having wifi on your wii but there are no guarantees. Assuming u follow the steps correctly and u don't have hardware issues or power failure at the exact wrong/critical moment you'll be fine. There's always the risk of bricking, but ModMii has been around a LONG time and I've never had a single reported brick as a result of ModMii. That's about as good in terms of reassurance as you can get.

Edit: to be clear, 100% you do NOT need wifi on your wii for ModMii to help you softmod your console. There are no steps that require wifi on the wii

Last edited by XFlak,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
d2x cIOS Installer will load data from SD if you have the correct IOS wad files placed on it.
Easier to use ModMii though.

You might have to set your router's wifi to WPA+WPA2 instead of WPA2 only to let the Wii connect to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.