Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi!

I'm on 3.68 h-encore (meaning, non-permanent install) and I get the NW-8942-3 error code when trying to log in to PSN or the Store. I'm pretty sure this only started occurring after I connected it to my clean official latest FW PS3 to transfer some game install .vpk's from there that I have bought from the PS3 store.

I've googled it and the solution seems to require Enso fully (permanently) installed. Videos from MrMario and Robles Junior say it, anyway. Now, I've been thinking for a while to do a permanent install anyway instead of my temporary one, but I've kept it on OFW in case I ever needed it to look clean for Sony servers, or whatever the reason was. But as the latest firmware for both Vita and PS3 simultaneously destroyed the ability to transfer game vpk install files, however, the very purpose why I have kept it on OFW is the exact one they have permanently destroyed and stated they will not fix in upcoming updates. Stupid, but that's Sony for you.

So.

I'm willing to update my 3.68 h-encore to the latest Enso instead, or in any case install Enso. If any exploit or functionality requires me to update, I'll update, otherwise I'm fine staying on 3.68. The only thing I want is to fix the NW-8942-3 error, and that seems to require Enso, so I'm asking how to install Enso on an OFW h-encore 3.68.

I've read through the vita.hacks.guide website for this, but it doesn't really say what to do when you're already on a hacked console. Seeing as I've had quite big troubles before, I thought it would be best to ask beforehand.

Further questions:
- are there any consequences to this?
- will my sd2vita configuration work the same way it does today, where I can freely switch between game slot containing a real gamecard or an sd2vita?
- do I have to backup my game saves and the entire cards (MS + sd2v) before doing this exploit?

Thanks in advance :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I'm on 3.68 h-encore (meaning, non-permanent install) and I get the NW-8942-3 error code when trying to log in to PSN or the Store. I'm pretty sure this only started occurring after I connected it to my clean official latest FW PS3 to transfer some game install .vpk's from there that I have bought from the PS3 store.

I've googled it and the solution seems to require Enso fully (permanently) installed. Videos from MrMario and Robles Junior say it, anyway. Now, I've been thinking for a while to do a permanent install anyway instead of my temporary one, but I've kept it on OFW in case I ever needed it to look clean for Sony servers, or whatever the reason was. But as the latest firmware for both Vita and PS3 simultaneously destroyed the ability to transfer game vpk install files, however, the very purpose why I have kept it on OFW is the exact one they have permanently destroyed and stated they will not fix in upcoming updates. Stupid, but that's Sony for you.

So.

I'm willing to update my 3.68 h-encore to the latest Enso instead, or in any case install Enso. If any exploit or functionality requires me to update, I'll update, otherwise I'm fine staying on 3.68. The only thing I want is to fix the NW-8942-3 error, and that seems to require Enso, so I'm asking how to install Enso on an OFW h-encore 3.68.

I've read through the vita.hacks.guide website for this, but it doesn't really say what to do when you're already on a hacked console. Seeing as I've had quite big troubles before, I thought it would be best to ask beforehand.

Further questions:
- are there any consequences to this?
- will my sd2vita configuration work the same way it does today, where I can freely switch between game slot containing a real gamecard or an sd2vita?
- do I have to backup my game saves and the entire cards (MS + sd2v) before doing this exploit?

Thanks in advance :)
Downgrade to 3.65/3.60

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Downgrade to 3.65/3.60
Really? I thought there were exploits good enough on higher firmwares, like 3.73 or 3.74. Downgrading sounds like a hassle compared to upgrading and installing an exploit, or installing Enso straight on 3.68. But since you say downgrade to 3.60/3.65, I guess installing Enso on 3.68 is not an option.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought there were exploits good enough on higher firmwares, like 3.73 or 3.74. Downgrading sounds like a hassle compared to upgrading and installing an exploit, or installing Enso straight on 3.68. But since you say downgrade to 3.60/3.65, I guess installing Enso on 3.68 is not an option.
https://vita.hacks.guide/

Reactions: zfreeman

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention that you should remove the card after deleting the id.dat as a new one will be created upon reboot. It will not remove the account. It gets that data from the system.dreg. that's the account ID byte reversed, which is what cma uses.

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I forgot to mention that you should remove the card after deleting the id.dat as a new one will be created upon reboot. It will not remove the account. It gets that data from the system.dreg. that's the account ID byte reversed, which is what cma uses.
Please elaborate on this one. I believe I messed up an install/a deinstall of sd2vita once upon a time because of this, and I don't want to go through the same awful procedures as that time.

All I want to do is to fix the NW-8942-3 error code which seems to require a permanent enso install instead of a temporary h-encore which is what I have now. I have looked at the vita.hacks.guide site but it doesn't ever say how to install it when you're already on a hacked device; it assumes it is unhacked and therefore I am asking for details in my exact case.

I have installed enso on my siblings' vitas before, so I'm no stranger to the concept, it's just I was never on the platform I am now. Back then, they had OFWs for both of them. I don't, unless you count an unlaunched h-encore exploit as an OFW Vita.

Please advice, thanks.

Henrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Again, could you please explain this one further before I try it. I have had trouble with id.dat before, and I don't want to mess up my entire installation or even worse, my account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water