Homebrew Installing CIA Files Deleted Legally Owned Software

M2IN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently put Luma3DS on my New 3DS XL (SD Card 200gb) and installed 10 games today only to find that three pieces of software had vanished from my homescreen. When I go to the eshop to re-download I find it saying that I already have them on my system, but when I go to storage in system settings I can only see one of the titles that was deleted. So if one of them is still there I assume they all might be. It's all backed up anyway, but this is an annoying and unnecessary quirk. Any ideas what can be done to fix this or maybe avoid future issues like this?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I recently put Luma3DS on my New 3DS XL (SD Card 200gb) and installed 10 games today only to find that three pieces of software had vanished from my homescreen. When I go to the eshop to re-download I find it saying that I already have them on my system, but when I go to storage in system settings I can only see one of the titles that was deleted. So if one of them is still there I assume they all might be. It's all backed up anyway, but this is an annoying and unnecessary quirk. Any ideas what can be done to fix this or maybe avoid future issues like this?
What exactly have you done so far with your console? Do you have more games and badges on your home menu?

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

M2IN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in system settings software, does it show those titles in question or just the one?
I could only find the one out of three that are surely gone. There may even be more that have disappeared outright, but I am referencing a screenshot of icons on my menu that doesn't include everything. There are blank spots in folders now too, but I had no screenshots of them.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AmandaRose,

M2IN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is your problem the 3ds has a 300 title limit once you go over that it starts removing previously installed titles.

You will need to use this to have more than 300 titles
Wow thanks! Wish I knew that before I started installing stuff onto my system. Is there a way I can retrieve what has been deleted? Or do I need to go back and replace everything from my backup?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow thanks! Wish I knew that before I started installing stuff onto my system. Is there a way I can retrieve what has been deleted? Or do I need to go back and replace everything from my backup?
Start FBI then select titles it will take a few minutes to load everything you will find your missing titles are still there. Now delete a few titles you can do without and the missing ones will reappear on the 3ds main screen.

M2IN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start FBI then select titles it will take a few minutes to load everything you will find your missing titles are still there. Now delete a few titles you can do without and the missing ones will reappear on the 3ds main screen.
Thanks, I feel at ease now knowing that I won't need to jump through complicated hoops to restore everything. The games I lost launch fine from FBl, but rather than delete other titles I may consider the other option that lifts the annoying 300 title limit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc