Hacking Installing and running PS2 games on PS3 CFW - PKG or ISO?

xSpeedx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having a hard time finding any clear info on that cuz I'm not very experienced with homebrew outside of installing PS3 games. I'm running 4.84 Rebug on a fat PS3. What do I need to make PS2 classics work on it? I was reading something about multiman and its retro section but that requires the PS2 game in ISO format. However, PS3 can directly install a game in PKG format without the need of running something in between before playing.

Which way is better? If it involves keeping an USB stuck in my console, it wouldn't help cuz I don't have an USB bigger than 4GB.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer ISO. Some games require cfg files to work and they're way easier to get them to work with ISO.

Also it doesn't matter about the 4 GB limit because PS2 is REQUIRED to be installed on your internal hard drive. You cannot play PS2 games using any external at all. If a game is over 4 GB I use a usb drive formatted to NTFS which doesn't have the 4 GB limit so I can transfer it to internal.

So what you should do is install MANAGUNZ it asks you if you want to load a cfg if a PS2 game needs one when you load it and once you load it once you no longer have to worry about that cfg. It also allows you to use the NTFS drive to install the PS2 games to internal.

But if you don't have any usb drive larger than 4 GB you won't be able to transfer PS2 games larger than 4 GB to your internal, and most PS2 games are over 4 GB. It wouldn't cost you very much money to get an 8 GB usb drive just to transfer games over.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a