Hacking Installed Preloader .29 on 4.0u, Wad Manager ERROR, system files corru

UncleGrubby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, i installed preloader .29 on my 4.0u (that i had upgraded from 3.2). After rebooting it takes me straight to Preloader. I can access HBC but when accessing system menu it says files corrupted. I know this is normal, I tried re-installing preloader to no avail.

Looked around. Looks like I need to reinstall system menu. Booted up wad manager to install systemmenu4.0 wad. Wad manager starts, reads SD card "ERROR ret = -1"!!

What the crap? Why won't wad manager read the SD card? How am I supposed to reinstall the system menu?

Thanks in advance!

*UPDATE*

Misnamed wad folder. Very Dumb. Installed new system menu, fixed all except now I don't know what happened to preloader.

Can someone point me in the direction of where to go from here to get preloader working?

Thanks to all.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
preloader is like a patched system menu, or at least the hacks are system menu patches lol

so when you installed a new system menu it overwrote preloader thats all
smile.gif

see what happens if you install preloader again, and like you tried, if it system file corrupts you then try to install preloader again and see what happens
wink.gif

if it doesnt work i dont know what could be up, maybe you used an out of date hack from 3.2U or something, but i dunno if that gives you that message lol

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UncleGrubby said:
OK, i installed preloader .29 on my 4.0u (that i had upgraded from 3.2). After rebooting it takes me straight to Preloader. I can access HBC but when accessing system menu it says files corrupted. I know this is normal, I tried re-installing preloader to no avail.

Looked around. Looks like I need to reinstall system menu. Booted up wad manager to install systemmenu4.0 wad. Wad manager starts, reads SD card "ERROR ret = -1"!!

What the crap? Why won't wad manager read the SD card? How am I supposed to reinstall the system menu?

Thanks in advance!

*UPDATE*

Misnamed wad folder. Very Dumb. Installed new system menu, fixed all except now I don't know what happened to preloader.

Can someone point me in the direction of where to go from here to get preloader working?

Thanks to all.

How exactly did you fix this because now I'm having the same issue.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i take it you bolded the bits that you're stuck with?

by misnaming the folder he meant that the folder 'WAD' wasnt spelled right on the root of his SD card, meaning that the application would not be able to find it, resulting in an error.

like he might have put 'wadf' by accident and not noticed, but a simple deletion of the F on the folder would make it wad and wad manager would be able to find it
smile.gif

UncleGrubby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
UncleGrubby said:

Thanks in advance!

*UPDATE*

Thanks to all.

How exactly did you fix this because now I'm having the same issue.

In my case I had been using a different SD card to perform the install than I usually do and when I had created the "wad" forlder in the root I had named it "wads". The Wad Manager looks for "wad" and not the plural form. If you get the same error it's because it can't find the folder.

Before I installed the 4.0u menu I had installed the cIOS60 wad. Is that something to do with it? Do I need to patch the ios60 or is the cios60 wad already a patch of said ios60? Do I need to reinstall ios/cios?

It's weird because when I put in Smash Bros. Brawl the disc channel says "System Update". I don't understand why since I'm 4.0.

I've been sucessfully using Backup Launcher to circumvent this for now. Also my system can run region free channels from the SD card and my backup of Tatsunoku vs. Capcom all that jazz if that info helps people understand what I've got functioning.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already fixed it, but thanks for the confirmation.

I thought my folder was named wrong (which it wasn't) so I renamed it twice to "wads" and "WADs" and both were wrong.
tongue.gif

Because I was getting the ret =-1 error which is an error with the SD card. So I just formatted the SD card and put all the files back and its working.

If you don't already have Preloader, install it. It will let you skip disk updates, such as that weird one (which you shouldn't have gotten) from SSBB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one