1. Idrolitina

OP Idrolitina Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Hello to everyone!

I am sorry because I am sure I am asking a very noob question.
    I tried to look around but I only found this is a 2 years old post https://gbatemp.net/threads/installed-game-backups-boot-into-hbmenu.552454/ .

As for the title every time I try to run an installed NSP from the home menu I encounter a problem. Running it without holding no buttons gives me the 'unable to start software return to HOME menu and try again' message. Holding R (which apparently should give full access to the NSP) open the HB menu (which anyway is supposed to happen if holding R something is launched).

Few details:

I just hacked my Switch fw 10.1.0 and I am running Atmosphere 0.14.1 (e) from fat32 sd emummc.

I used this guide (https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/) and put on the sigpatches ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/ ).
    All good stuff provided reading posts of fellow members here. Till there everything is alright: I can boot in HBL, use the HBAppStore, even apply cheats and run ports.

I can to a certain degree use Goldleaf (0.8) – I say to a certain degree because the app explorer works like a charm but it has few issues with installing NSP. Also, I cannot connect it to the PC via USB.
    I only tried 2 nsp of games that I own. One does not install at all and the other install but it won't start upon launching it.

The one installed is Shovel Knight. The one that gives me the error from the HOME menu.
    The one not installing is Kwaidan Azuma manor story. It gives ERROR 2145-0001.

Given the error, I suspect this being a problem with sigpatches but my noobness stops me from fixing it.

I re-did the full switch set up installation like 5 times. Tried the sig patches here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-fs-and-acid-patches-for-kosmos.562915/) which I know are for Kosmos and when I put them both it locked me out of Atmosphere saying I miss some files. The fuse gelee alone (which I believed was the correct one) is the same story. The Hekate package alone boots but I cannot even run nsp from Goldleaf. The fuse alone package I posted up in this post (https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/) is in the end the best inconclusive option.

Please guys, shine a light on me because I looked for days before making this post and yet I am sure it is a silly problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    If you are booting fusee-primary, the files from your first sigpatches thread should work. I'm not familiar with that guide. What payload are you sending to your switch?

I don't think the kosmos patches should have locked you out of atmos. But those aren't the latest patches for that payload anyways. It's a "hekate patches" thread now IIRC.

Either way, it shouldn't block you from installing an NSP. Only from launching it. So I'd try a different installer (Awoo, Tinfoil, etc. You can use ns-usbloader to send the nsp's from your pc).

Just to make sure, you are not using "Applet Mode" are you? You need to install games using 'title override', by holding R while launching a game from the home screen.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Sep 2, 2020
    Idrolitina likes this.
  3. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Idrolitina likes this.
  4. Idrolitina

OP Idrolitina Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    @TheCasualties Dank je wel for your answer!

I am injecting hekate_ctcaer_5.3.2.bin.
    I am holding R while launching the titles. That brings me to HB Menu. I will give a shot to Awoo.

I tried tinfoil and upon launching it in the HBL just crashes. It also appeared in the home menu, launching that one it brings me to the HBMenu. Something about tinfoil being exclusive for SX core was written on reddit or some post here (I might be wrong).

@fvig2001 Thanks I will try them right away!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@fvig2001 Thank you for real! That was the problem.

@TheCasualties I am now downloading another installer to be safe! I really appreciated it!

Thank you so much for your help guys!

TheCasualties likes this.
  5. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Hmm, launching the tinfoil app from the home screen should open the actual app. The nro is just an installer basically.

So are you using the "cfw -sysMMC" (or emuMMC) from the hekate menu? Can you check your .ini in 'bootloader/ hekate_ipl.ini'?
    Does it say "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin" or "fs00=..."? (IDR the actual name. something with fs00 though)

If it's the fs00 (or w/e it is), you need the hekate sigpatches. Or change the fs0 line to my posted 'payload=' line, making sure the .bin is in that location. Then use the atmos patches.

Really weird that things are redirecting you to HBmenu. I'm not a great trouble shooter by any means but this is really interesting.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Sep 2, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Sigpatches, Installed, Homebrew