Hacking installed ciosx rev20b

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just installed cios 20b and am now getting a (-1035) error in the wad manager when i try to install a channel

any ideas?

-chaseincats

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya still a no go but i remember one waninkoko saying a while back that rev whatever couldnt install wads that was that rev's drawback so i used hermes 222

i just remembered i updated to version 5

is that a problem and should i go back to 4?

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have CIOSx rev20 installed & installed 2 WADS yesterday using WAD manager 1.7. Used 249 for the installation without a problem. I don't pretend to be an expert but I've never heard of not being able to install WADS on a certain CIOS. Over the years I've had most revs from 9 onwards and have always been able to install WADS??

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shouldnt be.

if anyting just use your patched IOS36 or IOS236 depending on how u modded your wii.

IOS202 should work fine as well.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant remember for sure but make sure you have Hermes in slots 37 and/or 38 and install Cios rev20 into slot 56 and wads will work again.

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm so i tried to install hermes 5.1 and got a "HASH BAD" error when it says downloading from the ios folder whats up with that?

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using the newest wad manager, like someone else suggested? I haven't had this problem myself but I heard the newest wad manager will fix it.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chaseincats: Ur getting the 'BAD HASH' error cause ur using rev20 u have 2 downgrade 2 rev17 then install v5.1 and update back 2 rev20!

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k was able to install it but still not working

I was trying to install a full channel (not a forwarder) for wiimc and always got the 1035 error
I downloaded a official virtual console game (mario bros 3) and tried to install and this time got a 1022 error

wtf is going on?
I tried this on all ios's on version 5 of hermes and versions 17 and 20b of ciosx and even updated my wad manger to 1.7

running out of ideas here :/

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Krestent said:
Use WAD Manager 1.7.
chaseincats said:
using wad manager 1.5 is that a problem?
It's a dirty little secret that got lost amongst the page forums of history. When Waninkoko updated his cIOS to use a base other than IOS38 this broke WAD installation with Wad Manager v1.5 and below. The dirty little secret is that Wad Manager v1.6 and above fixed this problem, but the since the change happened in Wad Manager v1.6, which was a non-release, there is no mention of this in later change-logs. The fact that was well known at the time amongst those who followed the evolution of Waninkoko's cIOS and Wad Manager just got lost over time; but a thorough search should pop-up some history on the subject.

So just use the latest Wad Manager v1.7 if you want to use the newer cIOS with different IOS bases.

chaseincats said:
k was able to install it but still not working

I was trying to install a full channel (not a forwarder) for wiimc and always got the 1035 error
I downloaded a official virtual console game (mario bros 3) and tried to install and this time got a 1022 error

wtf is going on?
I tried this on all ios's on version 5 of hermes and versions 17 and 20b of ciosx and even updated my wad manger to 1.7

running out of ideas here :/
Here's a C&P from here concerning your specific error codes:
1022:
Wad Install Error: Most likely incorrect format or corrupt SD card. Memory might be full.

1035:
Corrupt IOS: Most likely caused by using incorrect or bad IOS/wad installations. Fix it the same way as Error 2011.

2011:
Installation Error: Most likely installed incorrect or out of date cIOS.

Q. I can't install any IOS, I keep getting an error. How do I fix this?
A.Use this guide to fakesign(trucha) ios36 then use it to install other ios or install ios249 then use 249 to install other ios.(.wads)
Considering what you have already tried, the problem seems to end up being with corrupt installation of your cIOS, a corrupt SD card, or full Wii memory. Personally, I'd recommend backing up your SD card, formatting it, then re-installing your cIOS use a fresh copy of the installers making sure that they install correctly. Installing IOS236 using the IOS236 Installer found here with the latest HBC running under IOS58 is recommended at this time as well; it's a patched copy of IOS36 that is great to use as a fallback when use of all other cIOS goes south. Then try using a fresh copy of Wad Installer v1.7 or Multi-Mod-Manager and see if you still get errors installing WADs.

-[]D

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
wanin said.. not to long before the r21 (update & nand fix) but hmmm... it's been a while I ,ustsay.
I understand the nw ps3 homebrew stuff taking over but he sid he had the nand stuff ficed already why not release that and then drop the wii stff and go for the ps 3 stuff then.
We all want atleast an last effort and a nnd working release
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...