Installed CIAs not showing on home screen?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Imaginesafety, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Imaginesafety
    OP

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    I've installed .cia files and it shows success. However the application does not appear on the homescreen of my sysnand or my rednand..

My version is 9.2 sysnand and 11.0 rednand. I've used ciangel to try and install things like the FBI launcher or a game, but none of them appear on either of my homescreens. Am I forgetting something

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    What FBI version are you using?

3. Imaginesafety
    OP

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    The latest one. And I said I used CIAngel to install the cias.

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    What CFW are you using?

5. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    CIAngel doesn't install homebrew... How exactly did you try to use CIAngel to install the FBI launcer?

6. Imaginesafety
    OP

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Luma3ds

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm using ciangel through the homebrew menu. And I'm trying to install cias to my home menu to launch games and create shortcuts.

7. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    See, that's a different story entirely.

CIAngel when run as a .3dsx does not support Install Mode, only Download Mode. You need to install the CIA version of CIAngel to be able to directly install things. As it stands, you will have a CIAngel folder on your SD card that contains the CIA files you've downloaded using CIAngel. You can use FBI to install these (As well as the CIA version of CIAngel)

8. Imaginesafety
    OP

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Okay. I have FBI angel installed but can only use it through the Homebrew Channel. I'm sorry, I'm new at this, but when I'm using FBI, I have no way to install CIA files. Again, pardon my noobiness.

FBI* not FBI angel lmao

9. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    You need to inject FBI into your Emunand's Health and Safety app to get an initial CIA installation point. I don't know of any standalone guides for just that part though.
    You could try following just this section (Part 4, Section II) of the main guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)#section-ii---injecting-fbi
    The required files are linked at the top of that page.

10. Imaginesafety
    OP

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Thank you. I've been following tutorials for that but some files can't be opened on macs. Guess I have to use bootcamp. And when I inject it, will it go into my rednand or sysnand? Thanks again man.

11. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    The guide lists a "Mac_inject_launcher.app" file, so I'm assuming it has Mac support. And if you follow it to the letter, it'll end up in your redNAND. You just launch Health and Safety in your redNAND to open FBI.

12. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    RedNand

13. Imaginesafety
    OP

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    You guys are great. Thanks for getting straight to the point. Appreciate it.