Hacking Install Spider .CIA on N3DS ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,235
  • Replies 21
D

Deleted User

OP
Does anyone know how to make a legit spider.cia ?

I want to try installing spider on New 3DS sysnand so that we can use that as a more 'permanent' entrypoint vs OoT3D currently...

Do you guys know of any reason why this wouldn't work?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to make a legit spider.cia ?

I want to try installing spider on New 3DS sysnand so that we can use that as a more 'permanent' entrypoint vs OoT3D currently...

Do you guys know of any reason why this wouldn't work?

I thought about that, but no it probably won't be a good idea. In order to test though a hard mod will be needed and a backup of your sysnand. Better yet since GW 3.1 you can try it on emunand and if it doesn't work than you know it probably won't work on sysnand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you would want to uninstall the skater browser, luckily iirc browser is the only system title you can uninstall from devmenu
then build a spider .cia, i doubt its going to work, the n3DS home screen will likely only be set up to use skater, but basically download this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
and do this
browser.png

PS that's US console specific, check 3D brew for TitleID/version numbers for other regions

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i thought about it too, i thought we could load it from devmenu, but someone said that you can't run applets from devmenu, so i guess you won't be able to load it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i thought about it too, i thought we could load it from devmenu, but someone said that you can't run applets from devmenu, so i guess you won't be able to load it.
well the only way it would be of any use is if we can launch it as the browser applet in sysnand, otherwise we still cant launch it without OOT to boot into gateway mode

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the spider browser works in Emunand would it be possible to run the ram hacks (like the pokemon injector or ACNL/Shuffle (dunno about the first one but the latter two arent working on o3ds Emunand sadly)
Or cant we predict that yet.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can someone build spider.cia for me? Or tell me how to do it?

you would want to uninstall the skater browser, luckily iirc browser is the only system title you can uninstall from devmenu
then build a spider .cia, i doubt its going to work, the n3DS home screen will likely only be set up to use skater, but basically download this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
and do this
browser.png

PS that's US console specific, check 3D brew for TitleID/version numbers for other regions
thats how to make a US spider cia file

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm, installing spider on a N3DS doesn't work.

It doesn't break anything, but you can't launch the web browser. Clicking the icon results in a message instructing you to perform a system update.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
An idea popped into my head :-)

Would it be possible to make a cia like the mSD-Card Management on the N3DS (an extra icon) which can start the old spider browser (so its not interfering with the Skater Browser)?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An idea popped into my head :-)

Would it be possible to make a cia like the mSD-Card Management on the N3DS (an extra icon) which can start the old spider browser (so its not interfering with the Skater Browser)?

But why would you do that instead of just running whatever code you want as a cia itself? The msd one is unsigned because it's rebuilt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1