Tutorial  Updated

Install .nsp files (games/updates/dlc) with devmenu (NO SX OS needed)

*Guide updated to be 100% offline&

A quick guide for whoever is interested. (GUIDE AND FILES FOR 5.1 ONLY!)

- Download the package.zip attached (credits to user blahblah and Kolunio)

- Extract all of its contents into the root of your SD Card

- Download Pokemon Quest .NSP and put it in X:\Tinfoil\nsp

- Download Devmenu (google is your friend)

- Place the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) to X:\atmosphere\titles\01005D100807A000

- Boot your switch into RCM and inject the hekate payload (original or ctcaer should work I used the hekate_ctcaer one)

- Open album to go to HB menu and from there open Tinfoil.

- Install Pokemon Quest.

- Exit Tinfoil and HBmenu.

- Open Pokemon Quest and you are done!

If you have no idea how to install nsp files.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-nsp-dlc-update.510188/

I installed Mario Odyssey with the lastest update and worked just fine!

PS: If you download nsp with too long filenames you might get an error when installing. Just rename to a short name and you will be good. Thanks to ali.ee for that info.

Last edited by Pacote,

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Tinfoil works and installs apps, although I can't run DevMenu (an error occurred on Quest). Required a bit of editing on my part though. I had to put the .nro outside of the folder in /switch. I can only run Tinfoil-installed games in ReiNX with sigpatches, and while 1-2 Switch works fine, Mercenaries Saga Chronicles gives "an error occurred." Any help is greatly appreciated in getting DevMenu up or something else, though! Perhaps a different donor title?

ilikecheese69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to edit the OP, I just spent 20 damn minutes trying to figure out where the attached file was. Even registered an account on the chance that it was only visible to registered users.

oufai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Do you have any idea how to convert XCI files to nsp files ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update I install DevMenuAppPRODsmash.nsp through Tinfoil and I can now install all DLC and Update no problem with ReiNX :)

Maoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I got that error message too, but I went back to the home menu and there it was. Worked fine. So check your home menu and see if it's there.

Nope nothing new, it gets stuck at that message and I've got to press home to get out, did you leave it there for a few minutes or pressed something?.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope nothing new, it gets stuck at that message and I've got to press home to get out, did you leave it there for a few minutes or pressed something?.
Really? I did press B to get out of the dialog, but I can’t imagine that would affect anything. I do know that I have to close applications completely for them to show up once installed with DevMenu, but since hblauncher is over the Album, you can’t end it. Can you send a screenshot of the error message in Tinfoil?

Maoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Really? I did press B to get out of the dialog, but I can’t imagine that would affect anything. I do know that I have to close applications completely for them to show up once installed with DevMenu, but since hblauncher is over the Album, you can’t end it. Can you send a screenshot of the error message in Tinfoil?

Yeah it just keeps coming with this, tried redownloading DevMenuAppPRODsmash from somewhere else and it came out with the same thing.

2018072921061800_DB1426_D1_DFD034027_CECDE9_C2_DD914_B8_1.jpg

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it just keeps coming with this, tried redownloading DevMenuAppPRODsmash from somewhere else and it came out with the same thing.

2018072921061800_DB1426_D1_DFD034027_CECDE9_C2_DD914_B8_1.jpg
Oh, that isn’t the error I got. :( That’s really strange. Maybe you have an older version of Tinfoil? If you PM me, I can send you the link I used since I’m not allowed to share it here. It comes with the .nsp and an updated version of Tinfoil.

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Oh, that isn’t the error I got. :( That’s really strange. Maybe you have an older version of Tinfoil? If you PM me, I can send you the link I used since I’m not allowed to share it here. It comes with the .nsp and an updated version of Tinfoil.
Can your guy use pokemon quest devmenu or hulu devmenu?. Then just install PRODdevmenu after.

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What’s funny is LayeredFS methods never worked for me, but installing the devmenu nsp did. I would suggest the installation over LayeredFS for obvious reasons!
Right good that is work out for your guys :) Fore I use Layeredfs backup before, then poken mon quest devmenu np and the last I install PRODdevmenu with out any error. By the way I just lucky to have all the sig patch and all the file that they remove now due to copyright.

Reactions: ShaytheStar

Retroluvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since the attachment seems to be removed, is there a way to get the package.zip elsewhere? Google keywords, etc. Thanks for the work, regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol