Tutorial  Updated

Install .nsp files (games/updates/dlc) with devmenu (NO SX OS needed)

*Guide updated to be 100% offline&

A quick guide for whoever is interested. (GUIDE AND FILES FOR 5.1 ONLY!)

- Download the package.zip attached (credits to user blahblah and Kolunio)

- Extract all of its contents into the root of your SD Card

- Download Pokemon Quest .NSP and put it in X:\Tinfoil\nsp

- Download Devmenu (google is your friend)

- Place the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) to X:\atmosphere\titles\01005D100807A000

- Boot your switch into RCM and inject the hekate payload (original or ctcaer should work I used the hekate_ctcaer one)

- Open album to go to HB menu and from there open Tinfoil.

- Install Pokemon Quest.

- Exit Tinfoil and HBmenu.

- Open Pokemon Quest and you are done!

If you have no idea how to install nsp files.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-nsp-dlc-update.510188/

I installed Mario Odyssey with the lastest update and worked just fine!

PS: If you download nsp with too long filenames you might get an error when installing. Just rename to a short name and you will be good. Thanks to ali.ee for that info.

Last edited by Pacote,

vstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all the advances in both homebrew and sx-os I just updated to officially. I don't think I'll ever have to go back to a lower firmware now. I don't mind loosing warmboot as I have 2 sx-pro and it's probably quicker to use the dongle than to access a website everytime I have to reboot which is hardly ever.

Thanks for the reply. I'm planning update my 3.0.2 to 5.1.0. Should I make nand backup for 3.0.2, or backup after update to 5.1.0?

D

Deleted User

Thanks for the reply. I'm planning update my 3.0.2 to 5.1.0. Should I make nand backup for 3.0.2, or backup after update to 5.1.0?
I would backup both versions. Upgrade without burning fuses and you have the possibility to downgrade once there is a coldboot solution available. Check hekate settings for card slot firmware (posted in the hekate sigpatch ctcaer thread)

Reactions: vstar

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AFAIK in updated versions of ReiNX you can install nsp files with 4.x, am I right? COukd you please update you tutorial?

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Lunalik,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You do NOT get banned JUST for installing the .NSP. You have to actually CONNECT and TRY to play online for the ban to happen
does install official update on nsp backup result instant detection and ban?
i install update offline with nsp all the time. just wonder if can do the same as xci for installed backup:P

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does install official update on nsp backup result instant detection and ban?
i install update offline with nsp all the time. just wonder if can do the same as xci for installed backup:P

As long as you don't go online, your chances of being detected are minimal. As for official updates,as long as you don't download them via your console you should be fine

Play online with any game, or just the nsp?

IF you play a game that you own WHILE running a CFW you will be detected and banned, even if you own the game legit. IF you're not running CFW, you SHOULD be fine. again, SHOULD, it's still widely unknown how Nintendo's detection actually works

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, i need help here: I had to replace my memory card recently and as such i had to re install pokemon quest via tinfoil but i'm not managing to do so, it always throws me an error saying failed to read nsp header into buffer error code 0X0000d401

Tekniquez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does ti foil install the files too exactly. Got a botw nsp got the error, renamed it to just zelda and still get install error. Copied a new file over also renamed and failed but all other games worked fine. So do i have a bad file or did it install files and its just stuck that i may have to delete the failed install files. Not sure if thats a thing. Thx

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Where does ti foil install the files too exactly. Got a botw nsp got the error, renamed it to just zelda and still get install error. Copied a new file over also renamed and failed but all other games worked fine. So do i have a bad file or did it install files and its just stuck that i may have to delete the failed install files. Not sure if thats a thing. Thx

Tinfoil only installs files to the sd card. So first and foremost check if your card isn't full. Secondly check if it's format as Fat32, apparently EXFAT formatting doesn't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Your eyes need to rest.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality...