Hacking Install IOS60BK before preloader 0.29?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NO! you always install IOS60 first. The other way around will cause you a lot of trouble, since the preloader installer patches IOS60.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
i did it the way where you install preloader, then ios60, which will give you the 'system files corrupted' thing. then all you have to do is go into homebrew channel by holding reset, and run the preloader installer again. works perfectly here.

people who say the other way round are putting you at risk of a brick.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
misticknight said:
after, trust me, i bricked my wii doing it this way.

QUOTE(Slowking @ Apr 10 2009, 10:53 AM) NO! you always install IOS60 first. The other way around will cause you a lot of trouble, since the preloader installer patches IOS60.

Just to make myself clear, its IOS60BK (replacement for cioscorp under 4.0) not IOS60... so it's preloader after IOS60BK?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CIJC said:
i did it the way where you install preloader, then ios60, which will give you the 'system files corrupted' thing. then all you have to do is go into homebrew channel by holding reset, and run the preloader installer again. works perfectly here.

Preloader runs on IOS60 when it's installed anyway. So if something with the IOS60 installation goes wrong you are bricked anyway and installing preloader twice just increases this risk.

CIJC said:
QUOTE(Slowking @ Apr 10 2009, 10:53 AM) NO! you always install IOS60 first. The other way around will cause you a lot of trouble, since the preloader installer patches IOS60.

Just to make myself clear, its IOS60BK (replacement for cioscorp under 4.0) not IOS60... so it's preloader after IOS60BK?
Yes preloader after IOS60BK

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
CIJC said:

Sounds more logical to me since there's a scenario like that.. thanks..

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
well, my way worked for me and many others. its in the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide.

and yes, its IOS60BK that im talking about.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
backup loading from disk channel....

but you dont really need it installed.

just set preloader to make the system menu run on IOS249, and its as if you installed IOS60BK (assuming you have cios).

so you can install all of the cioscorp pack... then just change the system menu ios setting (in preloader) to ios249, and you wouldn't need to install IOS60BK ;D less brick risk.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CIJC said:
well, my way worked for me and many others. its in the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide.

It might work but to add an installation that gives you no extra security is just idiotic.

QUOTE(CIJC @ Apr 10 2009, 05:03 AM) backup loading from disk channel....

just set preloader to make the system menu run on IOS249, and its as if you installed IOS60BK.
But I'm pretty sure if you do this the SD-card menu doesn't work and copying things to NAND takes extremely long, since IOS249 is based on a relatively old IOS (IOS36).

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:
backup loading from disk channel....

just set preloader to make the system menu run on IOS249, and its as if you installed IOS60BK.

so you can install all of the cioscorp pack... then just change the system menu ios setting (in preloader) to ios249, and you wouldn't need to install IOS60BK ;D less brick risk.

Ohh ok i did that with preloader but when i tried to play madworld through disc channel i got the 02 error

What causes that?

and yes i did install the iso 38 53 58 i believe they were.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
CIJC said:

It might work but to add an installation that gives you no extra security is just idiotic.

But I'm pretty sure if you do this the SD-card menu doesn't work and copying things to NAND takes extremely long, since IOS249 is based on a relatively old IOS (IOS36).

this may be true.

thinking about it, it is better to install IOS60BK.

im not sure about the 002 error with madworld... i think the cioscorpv2 in the miiwii pack fixed it?

EDIT: And BTW, im just sharing what worked for me. the method of preloader, ios60, preloader is what worked for loads of people, im not saying its better than any other method, but i can confirm that it definately works.

2ND EDIT: And remember to set your system menu ios back to 60 in preloader. rofl.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Slowking said:
CIJC said:

Is this confirmed?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:
Slowking said:
CIJC said:

this may be true.

thinking about it, it is better to install IOS60BK.

im not sure about the 002 error with madworld... i think the cioscorpv2 in the miiwii pack fixed it?

Not gonna worry about it right now.Seems like theres to many things getting installed now a days and its conflicting with each other and causing to many errors and shit.Its not worth the hassle to me.I got the usb loader working just fine so i will stick to that for now.
I don't even know all the cios and ios ive installed and i dont wanna screw something up by installing a new one that conflicts with an old one.

EDIT:
Also everywhere i have read about this also says preloader then the ios60bk which corrupts the system.then install preloader again.
I would think if you didnt have preloader before this file then it would end up with a brick and no preloader to fix the brick but thats just what i think.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Btw. the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide also says to install preloader after IOS60, so what's been said before by some people in this thread is just not true: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I think your getting files mixed up here.It does say to install IOS60 before preloader but looking further into the guide you will see where it says about installing the CIOS60BF.wad which it tells you right there that it corrupts the sytem menu and to install preloader again.
I skipped steps not important to this question.

EDIT: the IOS60 your installing before preloader in that guide is the offical one from nintendo.Its not until later in the guide and after preloader that you install the custom version of that IOS

Anyone confirm this is correct or am i missing something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome