Hacking Install IOS60BK before preloader 0.29?

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
CIJC said:
i dont think ios conflicts with other ios.... as long as an ios runs and works, its good.

Doesnt preloader run off iso60 though? So installing the Bk one would mess with preloader right?

thats why you re-install preloader after you have installed ios60bk, to make the system menu work again.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Slowking said:
Btw. the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide also says to install preloader after IOS60, so what's been said before by some people in this thread is just not true: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I think your getting files mixed up here.It does say to install IOS60 before preloader but looking further into the guide you will see where it says about installing the CIOS60BF.wad which it tells you right there that it corrupts the sytem menu and to install preloader again.
I skipped steps not important to this question.

EDIT: the IOS60 your installing before preloader in that guide is the offical one from nintendo.Its not until later in the guide and after preloader that you install the custom version of that IOS

Anyone confirm this is correct or am i missing something?

correct ;D

later on in the guide, it mentions if you want to install cioscorp, and ios60bk.

the instructions are to install ios60bk (preloader is ALREADY INSTALLED), then re-install preloader.

preloader is first in the guide, because, if you install a bad wad, you are bricked.

if you install preloader, then a bad wad, you can just boot into HBC and install it (or good wad of it) again, which will unbrick you.

And one more lesson kids. NEVER UNINSTALL IOS'S.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It only corrupts because preloader was installed before. And IOS60BK is the same as a the official IOS60 despite the custom DIP module so it doesn't make a difference if it's IOS60BK or plain IOS60, argh.
But do as you like...

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Slowking said:
It only corrupts because preloader was installed before. And IOS60BK is the same as a the official IOS60 despite the custom DIP module so it doesn't make a difference if it's IOS60BK or plain IOS60, argh.
But do as you like...

So installing IOS60BK will enable unofficial wiiware to be played off the sdcard as well?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a list of the last few mods I performed on my Wii:

Starting At 3.2U system menu-

- Run Waninkoko's 4.0 safe upgrader
- Install patched IOS60 (I used the prepatched .wad)
- Run Startpatch 4.0 (to set region free, and move disc channel)
- Install cIOS USB 2.0 rev3 (IOS 222)
- Install cIOS36 rev9
- Install Preloader v.0.29

My Wii works flawlessly, no bugs, bricks, or any problems at all. Preloader was the very last thing I installed, after updating to 4.0 and getting the USB Loader working. I'm glad I installed preloader, but the April fools joke was annoying, and I wish it didn't overwrite the system menu, making it a pain to uninstall. I can't complain however, since I never have to worry about bricking my wii. I hope this answered the main question about which order things should be done in.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dsfanatic5 said:
Here's a list of the last few mods I performed on my Wii:

Starting At 3.2U system menu-

- Install patched IOS60 (I used the prepatched .wad)
- Install Preloader v.0.29

My Wii works flawlessly, no bugs, bricks, or any problems at all. Preloader was the very last thing I installed, after updating to 4.0 and getting the USB Loader working. I'm glad I installed preloader, but the April fools joke was annoying, and I wish it didn't overwrite the system menu, making it a pain to uninstall. I can't complain however, since I never have to worry about bricking my wii. I hope this answered the main question about which order things should be done in.

So you installed only IOS60 and not IOS60BK? Did you still need to install cioscorp on a 4.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...