red_fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As we're still waiting on the new firmware I'm considering playing games using activate.iso, but I don't want to have to play from the disc, I much perfer to install the games.

I'm just wondering can you install a game after running the activate disc, and then play from the hard drive (again after running the activate disc, of course)?

red_fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have enough games that I could (probably) wait until the new firmware, and if it didn't work then I'd have essentially wasted a dvd, it wouldn't have been a big deal but I was just looking for a simple answer to something I was sure someone would know (and a search got me nowhere).

red_fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
driverzx said:
red_fox said:
As we're still waiting on the new firmware I'm considering playing games using activate.iso
Doesn't matter, you're still getting banned if you have modded your 360.

I don't connect to live, it's not about being banned, it's about having my xbox run more quietly, and since I can install games via activate.iso, all that's left is convenience.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
red_fox said:
driverzx said:
red_fox said:
As we're still waiting on the new firmware I'm considering playing games using activate.iso
Doesn't matter, you're still getting banned if you have modded your 360.

I don't connect to live, it's not about being banned, it's about having my xbox run more quietly, and since I can install games via activate.iso, all that's left is convenience.
Then... Why use the activate.iso? Just downgrade the wave with WavePatcher.

red_fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
driverzx said:
Then... Why use the activate.iso? Just downgrade the wave with WavePatcher.

Ah, that's even better, I didn't think such patched isos would work on 1.6, but it seems they do, so thank you, that's much simplier overall.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if you are not planning on live avoid wave patching games; LT may not bother to check such things but other firmwares might and historically they have checked to see if a game matches the wave it is supposed to be from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo