Homebrew Install DSiWare without a 3DS, dumped files or knowing your consoleid

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, I was trying to install DSiware on my hacked DSi, I saw some guides for doing it dumping 3DS DSiWare, so I downloaded the CIA (there are everywhere) and tried to install in a 3ds emulator (aka citra). And follow the guide as if I dumped it, and... It works, kind of.

So, it's a little bit challenging, I installed warioware snapped EUR cia, and it installed in this location in the emu: citra\nightly-mingw\user\nand\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00048004\4b555756\

So, I thought that this was it, all I install will be installed in the nand around the same location, but then I installed Paper Plane Chase (USA), and the first time it installed in another directory, but I tried several times, and all of them was installed in: citra\nightly-mingw\user\nand\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00048004\ root. If you don't find it there, try to search by date or by the app name (4b555756 for warioware)

Well, let's talk about what it's needed to do to make this work in a DSi.

-Of course, Citra installed on your pc (there are thousands of tutorials so)

-A cia version of the game you want to install

-A hacked DSi with SDNAND. More info here: dsi(dot)cfw.guide (i can't put hyperlinks bc I'm a new user))

I followed this guide (remember, this is like if you have a 3DS but without the needing of dumping the files bc there are in your virtual 3DS memory): dsi(dot)cfw(dot)guide/installing-dsiware (again, I can't put hyperlinks)

It's like the guide, but with some tweaking. You need to delete the tmd file, and change the app name to 0000000x.app (00000000 should do it fine), after that, for make the games able to save their progresses, make a folder named "data" in the root folder of the app with a dummy save inside, i'll have this folder ready to go attached below in a .rar, you'll have an error of the data save being corrupted, so, the game will delete it and make a new one (idk if it's needed the dummy save for now, or just make a folder), after this, like the guide says, drag the app file into maketmd.exe and this program will make a title.tmd for you, just be sure to do it after renaming it.

After that, just copy to your sdnand in this route: \title\00030004\
(In my case the path for the .app should be "title\00030004\4b555756\content\00000000.app")

For me, the first time I made the SDNAND mod and installed apps this way, worked bad, every time I booted the dsi all the apps I installed, were wraped like ready to open for the first time, and all the progress lost, if this happens to you, just uninstall unlauncher, and make all the process from the beginning (do a backup of the nand and making it bootable from the sdcard again)
The second time I did all of this worked fine and I was able to install any dsiware I want, so, keep this in mind. I think my problem was that I had the dsi with the date set to 2000 bc of the battery being removed, or could be something else, idk.

Sorry if it's so messy my explanation, I've been testing this since this morning. Any questions ask me.

Attachments

• data.rar
    57.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited by EnekoT2001,

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, I was trying to install DSiware on my hacked DSi, I saw some guides for doing it dumping 3DS DSiWare, so I downloaded the CIA (there are everywhere) and tried to install in a 3ds emulator (aka citra). And follow the guide as if I dumped it, and... It works, kind of.

So, it's a little bit challenging, I installed warioware snapped EUR cia, and it installed in this location in the emu: citra\nightly-mingw\user\nand\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00048004\4b555756\

So, I thought that this was it, all I install will be installed in the nand around the same location, but then I installed Paper Plane Chase (USA), and the first time it installed in another directory, but I tried several times, and all of them was installed in: citra\nightly-mingw\user\nand\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00048004\ root. If you don't find it there, try to search by date or by the app name (4b555756 for warioware)

Well, let's talk about what it's needed to do to make this work in a DSi.

-Of course, Citra installed on your pc (there are thousands of tutorials so)

-A cia version of the game you want to install

-A hacked DSi with SDNAND. More info here: dsi(dot)cfw.guide (i can't put hyperlinks bc I'm a new user))

I followed this guide (remember, this is like if you have a 3DS but without the needing of dumping the files bc there are in your virtual 3DS memory): dsi(dot)cfw(dot)guide/installing-dsiware (again, I can't put hyperlinks)

It's like the guide, but with some tweaking. You need to delete the tmd file, and change the app name to 0000000x.app (00000000 should do it fine), after that, for make the games able to save their progresses, make a folder named "data" in the root folder of the app with a dummy save inside, i'll have this folder ready to go attached below in a .rar, you'll have an error of the data save being corrupted, so, the game will delete it and make a new one (idk if it's needed the dummy save for now, or just make a folder), after this, like the guide says, drag the app file into maketmd.exe and this program will make a title.tmd for you, just be sure to do it after renaming it.

After that, just copy to your sdnand in this route: \title\00030004\
(In my case the path for the .app should be "title\00030004\4b555756\content\00000000.app")

For me, the first time I made the SDNAND mod and installed apps this way, worked bad, every time I booted the dsi all the apps I installed, were wraped like ready to open for the first time, and all the progress lost, if this happens to you, just uninstall unlauncher, and make all the process from the beginning (do a backup of the nand and making it bootable from the sdcard again)
The second time I did all of this worked fine and I was able to install any dsiware I want, so, keep this in mind. I think my problem was that I had the dsi with the date set to 2000 bc of the battery being removed, or could be something else, idk.

Sorry if it's so messy my explanation, I've been testing this since this morning. Any questions ask me.

Ok, so, for now, I think that is more common for citra to install it in "citra/nightly-mingw\user\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00048004\"
All I installed still working fine, also, I have been able to convert it to .nds so, I could just use the .nds if I want to.
Btw, if anyone needs a dump/nds contact me bc would be just matter of minutes for me so.

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I wrote a guide not long ago about it:

1. Get your DSiWare cia. doesn't matter where.
2. Download ctrtool from here and extract it to a folder in your computer.
3. Rename your cia to dsiware.cia, put it the folder with ctrtool, and run extract.bin.
4. You should get a file with the extension .app. if you get anything other then that, change it to .app.

If you want to use .nds DSiWare:

5. Change the extension to .nds and copy to your DSiWare folder on your DSi sd.
6. Run it with DSiMenu++.

If you want to install the DSiWare:
5. find the TitleID of you DSiWare. For example, WarioWare Snapped TitleID is 4B555745. Sometimes the cia will have the TitleID as a part of the name: 000480044b555745.
6. Create a folder and rename it to the TitleID you just found and enter it.
7. Create a folder named content and enter it.
8. Copy the .app file you got from step 4 into the content folder.
9. Download maketmd from here and extract it into a folder.
10. Drag and drop the .app file into maketmd, you should now have a .tmd file as well.
11. Copy your folder (the one you named the TitleID) to the /title/00030004 folder on your DSi SD.
12. You should now see the new DSiWare on your home screen.

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

3. Rename your cia to dsiware.cia, put it the folder with ctrtool, and run extract.bin.
4. You should get a file with the extension .app. if you get anything other then that, change it to .app.

5. find the TitleID of you DSiWare. For example, WarioWare Snapped TitleID is 4B555745. Sometimes the cia will have the TitleID as a part of the name: 000480044b555745.
10. Drag and drop the .app file into maketmd, you should now have a .tmd file as well.
11. Copy your folder (the one you named the TitleID) to the /title/00030004 folder on your DSi SD.
Oh wow, thanks, I was searching and I did find nothing so I experimented with Citra bc of that guide I read, thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw, is it possible to convert a DSiWare nds into a .app? or at least into .cia and then to .app like you explained?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Btw, is it possible to convert a DSiWare nds into a .app? or at least into .cia and then to .app like you explained?
Yes, using a standard file renaming tool - .app (when talking about DS/i software), .nds, .srl, and even the newcomer .dsi are all synonyms

To go from one of the above things to an installable cia:

makerom -f cia -o {output file} -srl {input file}

Reactions: EnekoT2001

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, using a standard file renaming tool - .app (when talking about DS/i software), .nds, .srl, and even the newcomer .dsi are all synonyms

To go from one of the above things to an installable cia:

makerom -f cia -o {output file} -srl {input file}

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

After 2 years, I will try to use this method to install a dsiware game to dumped dsi nand for playing on melondsi. Do you think its possible?
Also,I didnt try yet but, how to get the dsi sd card image/nand/whatever that thing? Or how to deal with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...