jpuentes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the repost, I have tried following the same instructions as other posts and can't seem to manage to carry on with the guide from nh-server-switch-guide.

I have a very old switch with the serial number starting in XAJ40002XXX. after checking for the serial number online and following the guide to definitely know if the switch is unpatched (0X7000) I proceeded to hack my switch with the below setup:
- Red RCM Jig purchased on amazon
- Latest 14.1.1. firmware
- Windows 11 Pro
- 256GB Sandisk Extreme SDSQXA1 micro SD Card formatted to Fat32 using Guiformat
- USB-C to USB-C high power cable
- A backup USB-A to USB-C power cable from a OnePlus phone
- A 2016 Dell laptop with one USB-C port and multiple USB-A ports
- I left the switch charging directly with the original AC adapter overnight as well

As per the instructions, I proceeded to put the switch in RCM mode by holding the volume button for 10-15 seconds then the power button and kept the volume button for an addl. 5 seconds (SD card was already formatted inside the switch, i also did it without the SD card). After downloading the latest TegraRCMGUI and installing the required driver, I connected the nintendo using the USB-C to USB-C (Also tried with the other cable) and Tegra recognized the switch as RCM on.

Then I proceeded to install TegraExplorer and while it says that it was injected successfully, the screen went blank. I kept reading on the forums to try with LockpickRCM to at least check if the payload works but it still came black (With our without SD card), even though it said it was successfully injected.

The only time I actually saw something on my Switch it was when I injected BiskeydumpV6 both via TegraRCMGUI and via the command prompt when running the Tegra Smash command to check for the 0X7000 number.

I haven't tried another laptop so I am not sure if it is because I am on Windows 11. The TegraRCMGUI also freezes when I try to re-inject the payload but it works after I put the switch on RCM again (turning it on, then off, then the usual RCM procedure).

Thanks for you help!

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not really sure why TegraRCMGUI isn't working, I haven't really used it, but you could try using a different device to send the payload.
If you have an Android phone you could try using Rekado to send the payload, the app has a logs section so if it doesn't work as expected you could find some information there as to why

Reactions: jpuentes

jpuentes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I will try with an oldish Android phone I have and come back with an update.

I haven't injected Hekate but can try today and see what happens.

jpuentes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hekate loaded fine but i couldn't do the rest of the instructions! Anyway, it worked using the old android phone. It took a while but all payloads loaded fine and now I have jailbroken switch, thanks guys for your suggestions.

Reactions: User154

Datnoobgurl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the repost, I have tried following the same instructions as other posts and can't seem to manage to carry on with the guide from nh-server-switch-guide.

I have a very old switch with the serial number starting in XAJ40002XXX. after checking for the serial number online and following the guide to definitely know if the switch is unpatched (0X7000) I proceeded to hack my switch with the below setup:
- Red RCM Jig purchased on amazon
- Latest 14.1.1. firmware
- Windows 11 Pro
- 256GB Sandisk Extreme SDSQXA1 micro SD Card formatted to Fat32 using Guiformat
- USB-C to USB-C high power cable
- A backup USB-A to USB-C power cable from a OnePlus phone
- A 2016 Dell laptop with one USB-C port and multiple USB-A ports
- I left the switch charging directly with the original AC adapter overnight as well

As per the instructions, I proceeded to put the switch in RCM mode by holding the volume button for 10-15 seconds then the power button and kept the volume button for an addl. 5 seconds (SD card was already formatted inside the switch, i also did it without the SD card). After downloading the latest TegraRCMGUI and installing the required driver, I connected the nintendo using the USB-C to USB-C (Also tried with the other cable) and Tegra recognized the switch as RCM on.

Then I proceeded to install TegraExplorer and while it says that it was injected successfully, the screen went blank. I kept reading on the forums to try with LockpickRCM to at least check if the payload works but it still came black (With our without SD card), even though it said it was successfully injected.

The only time I actually saw something on my Switch it was when I injected BiskeydumpV6 both via TegraRCMGUI and via the command prompt when running the Tegra Smash command to check for the 0X7000 number.

I haven't tried another laptop so I am not sure if it is because I am on Windows 11. The TegraRCMGUI also freezes when I try to re-inject the payload but it works after I put the switch on RCM again (turning it on, then off, then the usual RCM procedure).

Thanks for you help!
Hi I am currently having the same issue, but is doing it on Android phone the only way to solve the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: