Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He dosen't have any intention to release it if nobody seems interested. I'm very interested, but many others aren't, since they have gbc emulators working fine on tablets, even on DS's. Form me, it is a great oportunity because I'm on 7.1, don't have a DSTWO or a tablet, only my PC, and for portable gaming a PC sucks, its pointless.

Anyway, it seems we will have only the knowledge of this, so the only possible way to get it is hoping that another homebrew dev takes the project and release it.

Where'd you get that quote from, er, Smea's quote?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
One simple dude has done what big companies, big hackers and all the Scene can't do

Not even Gateway come even close to this.

But why he doesnt release it?

1. He's afraid of Nintendo
2. Everything is Fake
3. Doesnt want to

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One simple dude has done what big companies, big hackers and all the Scene can't do

2. Everything is Fake
3. Doesnt want to

Yeah the pretty much sums up the hacking scene as a whole

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

2. Everything is Fake
3. Doesnt want to

After all of the thing we already have seen, I bet is the first, after all, why the heck he wouldn't release it? Is like some kind of strange and weird envy from his part...

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After all of the thing we already have seen, I bet is the first, after all, why the heck he wouldn't release it? Is like some kind of strange and weird envy from his part...

I'm sure that if he did release it, people would bitch and moan about additional features, and/or bitch period just because. If I were in that position, I wouldn't release it either because the community tends to be incredibly douchey when it comes to things like this.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm sure that if he did release it, people would bitch and moan about additional features, and/or bitch period just because. If I were in that position, I wouldn't release it either because the community tends to be incredibly douchey when it comes to things like this.

Or maybe he wants to cover all of those features before the release, so nobody will bitch about them. I would do that if I were the one who discovered this.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe he wants to cover all of those features before the release, so nobody will bitch about them. I would do that if I were the one who discovered this.

Fair enough. Ever wonder why most good ROM hacks rarely see the light of day? Similar reason. Either way though, people will find reasons to bitch, like not releasing fast enough, not adding a certain feature, not supporting their favorite games, this list goes on and on.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
im sorry guys. but your assumptions on him are wrong.

quoting him, "yes i'm aware, but i don't distribute copyrighted contents i don't have the rights to, sorry." (Taken from https://twitter.com/smealum/status/414088313985708033)

He doesnt want Nintendo on his ass. Like what happened to geohotz with Sony.

Pretty much the same situation as current scene in iOS (iPhone) hacking. Jailbreaks are delayed soooo much, while at the same time, hackers post videos of working jailbreaks of something that hasnt been even released. But they CANT release, because it has copyrighted code/stuff/contents/whatever.

The first thing to do, if he has any interest in releasing, is to find a way to replace the copyrighted contents, with other exploit(s), and im pretty sure he wont waste a valuable exploit that can be patched in a system update just for gbc emulation. Better off to save it for something greater than that, and keep the hole a secret, so that it stays available for a longer time/more system versions. Its just not worth it for gbc emulation alone.

Like i said, 3ds scene is alot like ios scene at this point in time.
...just my two cents, anyways.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think people should stop making threads about twitter statuses of this person; users only get teased and they are given reasons to complain about it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people should stop making threads about twitter statuses of this person; users only get teased and they are given reasons to complain about it.

That would be called cock-teasing IIRC. But yes, these threads are useless in nature and I wish people would stop making it seem like it's some huge miraculous breakthrough that will change the face of hacking. It won't. It only leads to disappointment. When threads like this are made, is it really any surprise it rustles peoples' jimmies?

Anyways, I mean yeah, he injected a ROM into a Virtual Console .wad, that's all well and good, but what does that mean to the end users?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this is useless, the 3DS exploit for firmware 4.1 - 4.5 may bring more people into the homebrew developing community. Now, I want to inject any GBA rom into one of my GBA VC games I got from the ambassador program.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this is useless, the 3DS exploit for firmware 4.1 - 4.5 may bring more people into the homebrew developing community. Now, I want to inject any GBA rom into one of my GBA VC games I got from the ambassador program.

Problem with GBA games is, only a small % users would be able to do that.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Guys

This only works with certain VC titles (not GBA for example)

the VC game that was used to replace was Wario World 3, and the rom was just patched over with another one
saving worked fine, dont expect to be able to trade tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu