Hacking Injecting OoT save to card using a good ol DS with DSaveManager

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
#1.....just had a quick test on my n3DS and just got "no card detected after connecting to the server"...with NDS or 3DS games, so I'm not sure if it will work, probably down to the fact the 3DS detects when the cart has been removed or whatever

#2, nope pokemon games are card2 which means it uses different save methods, i doubt dsavemanager would support reading cart2 saves

well a clean legit rip of pokemon OR/AS installed in gateway mode, then used in combination with classic mode and the save data transfer tool would allow you to carry a 6.x save over to a digital copy....then if you wanted your free to use SDF on the digital save

or he could just play pokemon in classic mode with the retail cart so he can keep his save until their is a solution.

I totally forgot that Save Data Transfer tool existed. I might have to do some playing around and see what I can do :).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
1: I believe you could, only thing is some of us dont have a flashcart that works on 9.x unless its a DSTwo. I myself use the Gateway blue cart which only works on 4.x so i use a DS Lite and a OOT placed in a DS Cart shell.

2: Once you have gateway running you can dump the save using SaveDataFiler.

Even if you had a DSTwo it wouldn't work on the 3DS. You can't hotswap DS carts while in DS mode. The 3DS is hardcoded (or at least TWL_FIRM is programmed this way) to boot you out to home menu/black screen message if you eject the DS cart/flashcart while in DS mode. Which is why a DS/DS Lite is required. Won't even work with the DSi for the same reason as you can't hot swap on that either.

Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I totally forgot that Save Data Transfer tool existed. I might have to do some playing around and see what I can do :).
yeah it will only work if a clean rip is released (or he buys it legitimately from the eshop) of OR/AS as save data transfer tool only works with legit cia installs

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
yeah it will only wrk if a clean rip is released of OR/AS as save data transfer tool only works with legit cia installs

Uhm...this has nothing to do with Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Not sure why you are mentioning those games. And besides, card2 game saves are not accessible by any DS hardware. Fortunately though. Ocarina of Time is not a card 2 game. :D

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Uhm...this has nothing to do with Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Not sure why you are mentioning those games. And besides, card2 game saves are not accessible by any DS hardware. Fortunately though. Ocarina of Time is not a card 2 game. :D
This is probably a really stupid question, but why does the cart even need to be disassembled? Considering the 3DS can run DS home-brew, couldn't you just run this on the 3DS and negate needing to crack into it?

Question #2, could this method be used to dump a retail Pokemon ORAS save to use with Gateway, without buying a PowerSaves adapter?

DrALI

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I wonder if it's possible/been tried?
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager
I'd rather use the old DS than purchase a save dongle for a 1time use..
Any info is welcome!

Thank you for your idea, I have tried it and i confirm it had worked for me.

Here how I did it:

My devices:
Nintendo DS
Supercard DStwo to load DSaveManager V0.2 and copy the save file
Nintendo new 3DS XL metallic black "Firmware Ver. 9.0.0-20E" "EUR"
Zelda Ocarina of Time cart
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
BACK: AQEP941091

NB: I have transferred Zelda OoT cartridge to DS case, so i can inserted in the DS

Procedure:
1- copied the DSaveManage.nds and the gateway save to the mirco SD "FAT16"
2- Loaded DSaveManage.nds and chose restore from FAT
3- Chose the save file and removed the flash card
4- Inserted Zelda OoT and the save file was copied successfully
5- tried the gateway exploit and it worked without any problem

Good luck

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

Kuroitenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay here's what I have :
Nintendo DS Lite
New Nintendo 3DS XL
Gateway
(a working Zelda OOT - bought it and checked the serial number)

How can I insert my Zelda OOT into the DS lite, to copy the gamesave onto it? Do I have to disassemble the cart? Or is there any easier way?

Kuroitenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm how are you going to run DSM in the first place? xD
You can setup the Wifi using any rom like Mario Kart DS, the Nintendo DS Browser, and many many more.
Don't forget tho that the DS Wifi only supports unsecured or WEP security when you set it up (you may need to disable WPA or whatever you currently use on your router).

Kuroitenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found out I had a M3DS Real inserted in my Nintendo Lite, but strangely it's not showing up in the menu when I start my NDSLite :/ googled and tried everything, but I guess it's just defective :( too bad. Guess I'll either look for a cheap Cubic Ninja, or wait till Gateway releases a version that doesn't require any game :) Thanks anyway

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just used this method today, 100% success.
Opened the zelda cart with a thin plastic tool used to open smartphones, no traces.
Put the zelda board in the GW blue card, used DSM to install the hacked save. Took about half a second.
Put the zelda board back in its cart, and baaamm the exploit worked 1st try and has never failed since.
I'm impressed by how fast I can go from cold boot to emunand, much faster than I thought it'd take, about 40 seconds total.

Reactions: Margen67

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just used this method today, 100% success.
Opened the zelda cart with a thin plastic tool used to open smartphones, no traces.
Put the zelda board in the GW blue card, used DSM to install the hacked save. Took about half a second.
Put the zelda board back in its cart, and baaamm the exploit worked 1st try and has never failed since.
I'm impressed by how fast I can go from cold boot to emunand, much faster than I thought it'd take, about 40 seconds total.
Well good to know that you got it working. As for me waiting for gateway to release an updated save file or for me to have time to drive 50 miles to the closest GameStop that has CN.

Reactions: OctopusRift

julezS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works.

Have a US 9.0 red 3dsxl and was able to restore a gw save to my reformatted zelda eeprom with dssavemanager. I bypassed the need to saw/rehouse my cart by using on of those 3to1 selector adapters that allow both 3ds or DS games to be inserted in a DS.
http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-Universal-Selector-DS-Consoles-Nintendo/dp/B005TFJB2Y
Could you use one of the current save managers like SVDT or Save Manager and backup that save for us? I want to see if I can restore it like that and get into gateway mode.

Th_Winkler1

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hah, you guys go the easy way cutting the bumps in the cartridges or changing cases, but why doing the same process on every 3ds card you want to backup/restore if you can just adapt the system to read them! ;) it took me like 1 hr using a conventional knife to cut the corner part, but the hardest part was bending the metal division as soon as I cut the plastic layer off, I havent applied the exploit yet, but the method is 100% working and games are still playing in my DS as always, even though i suggest doing it at your own risk, since brute force might break the cart detector... I backed up my saves with ease, but I can´t seem to find where the backup files ended up going... I don´t want to delete them if im not 100% sure I will be getting the saves back running :c
Halp plz?

Results:
1JaCbb8
(http://imgur.com/LaNB6ZR)
LaNB6ZR
(http://imgur.com/1JaCbb8)
bD4D80T
(http://imgur.com/bD4D80T)

Edit: (I renamed the dump.bin to *.sav and the save restore worked like a charm <3 )
Oot3dHax working after 2 tries, accidentally changed the theme of my 3ds deleting the hax in the first one :3

Last edited by Th_Winkler1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast