Injecting A New Play Control Game?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Technik, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009
  1. Technik
    OP

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If we can inject roms into wads then can we somehow be able to put a regular Gamecube ISO into a new play control game?

2. mrbigjonstud

Newcomer mrbigjonstud Newbie

United States
    absolutely not possible....

new play control involves remapping the controls for the wii remote including the buttons and controller sensitivity.
    this would never work , because every game has its own specific control layout.
    if you injected zelda into mario tennis, the wii would assume you are playing mario tennis, not zelda. the game would never load.

3. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    I don't think it works like that. I'm very sure it doesn't work like that.

4. Technik
    OP

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  5. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    How the hell could you think you could play wind waker with wii controls when noone's scripted it? Yeah, that's how games work, you just press the big "CONVERT" button and it maps out all the controls and changes the platform for you.

Some people...

6. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    LOL, you're funny. The original dev studios completely reworked the controls, menus, and graphic layouts (widescreen was added). The new games aren't simply run by an emulator!

7. Big Kong Boss

Member Big Kong Boss GBAtemp Fan

Korea, South
    Okay okay, I think he gets the idea.

8. kevenz

Member kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It would be great anyway....... I would inject my fav gamecube games into npc any day.

9. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    aha, daydreamers and their nonsense. if only life were that simple.

10. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    once upon a time everything in this forum was a daydream, yet another thread where an idea is "stupid"

gbafail

11. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Trush: Most people who say something isn't possible out of hand is ignorant and has no idea how the systems work.

In this case, however, they are exactly right. This is not simply an emulated game like wiiware, this is a ported game. You would have to completely rewrite code for a game to work on the wii, and as far as I know Nintendo and every other game company tends to keep their source code to themselves.

12. dark0ne84

Newcomer dark0ne84 Newbie

United States
    Some people need to chill the hell out, I originally asked this question but in a entirely different way and I take it the op seen it and made this post. From the way you talk you must have coded the play control games yourself since you can say 100% it won't work. Does everyone really need to flame everyone else who doesn't know "everything". Wasn't softmodding a daydream 8 months ago? The usb loader just another stupid idea from a noob? If everyone had your guys mentality, we'd all have a stock Wii because of the stupid ideas and lame noobs. It really makes me wonder how many good people and devs leave the scene because of this. Come on guys the x-box scene was better then this and I'd expected more from this scene and forum.

13. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    *generic insult regarding how new play control games aren't coded that easy, even though the question has already been answered politely*

14. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I would like to know if injecting Metroid Prime 2 into 1 or Pikmin 2 into 1 is possible. For games with the same engine there's a chance this could work.

15. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In my opinion stupidity/ignorance should be rewarded with ridicule.

16. shadoxXx

Newcomer shadoxXx Advanced Member

Germany
    hm...
    *basic-technology-knowledge-fail*

17. Heathcliff

Member Heathcliff GBAtemp Regular

France
    ... don't have your knowledge but have some nice dreams! And these people can be considered as genius in their own way!
    Don't get mad at him. A NPC game looks the same as the original gamecube version and it is normal / understandable that some people would think it IS actually the same game emulated with remapped controls!

18. dark0ne84

Newcomer dark0ne84 Newbie

United States
    Nintendo might have spent a lot of money recoding and developing all these games into special Wii versions but they could also have wrote a control interpreter and hacked the game a bit to save time and money when making multiple different games. They did make the game, the Wii and the Gamecube, so I would think they know more then we do.

19. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I think this topic should be closed...everything was said, and it goes off the rails...Here's my summary: No Source-->No Fun.

20. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    The wii scene is crap compared to ANY other, soo many noobs like beegee come in and post the word "NO" just to get up a post count. This is ridiculous. and where are the mods? as usual theyre missing in action