Homebrew Infra Red Resource Thread

Would you like to see development for IR homebrew (CPP or not) on the 3ds?

• Yes, and I have the CPP!

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Yes, why not!

Votes: 164 78.5%
  • No.

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

RedHat

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
memalign(0x1000, <size of your buffer here without <> >);
I think I saw that in some other test on GitHub the other day. Out of frustration of it now working, I tried malloc and it still didn't work. Never changed it back. I'll go ahead and change it now.

Ah! Found the link:
GitHub

EDIT: Holy cow! That fixed the remote problem! Now, it crashes on exit :/

Last edited by RedHat,

RedHat

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Good to see that we managed to establish contact with another signal. I guess the next step is refining it.
Yeah. Right now it is set up to get 0x98 bytes from the IR and chuck it all over the screen (0x98 was used in ir:rst, so, ya know). It works a the same speed the CPP does (so probably not remotes right now), so yeah, refining to do!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It does for the first 10 seconds. After that, it tries to get IR codes (Point a remote at it and watch). The crash happens to me too. Perhaps I forgot to close something?
Maybe a get / link switch could be added?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, if I point my Fit Meter to it, the 3DS goes back to blinking mode, changing back to IR on/off works!
EDIT: And there's no display of garbage numbers.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For curiosity's sake I'm wondering if it's possible to communicate to a real Gameboy Color using the 3DS infra red. (I've been playing the TCG game lately)

Anyone know if this would be feasible?

EDIT: Actually, just seeing if we could read the GBC from the 3DS would be something.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
What about making homebrew which read from ir port (like remote test) and write memory block to txt file? It can be useful to configurate remote buttons and we can use 1,2,3...9 buttons and using remote as some sort of keyboard.

Another idea is to try dump pokemons from pokewalker and save them to sd (I sadly lost both of my pokewalkers)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Don't ask me, I was just testing the games in my library and found that it had access to ir:u. Doesn't really make a lot of sense that any games have it, really (I could be wrong, but I think most of them use ir:USER for most things, even trading Pokémon).

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Don't ask me, I was just testing the games in my library and found that it had access to ir:u. Doesn't really make a lot of sense that any games have it, really (I could be wrong, but I think most of them use ir:USER for most things, even trading Pokémon).
So we CAN'T use DOAD as an entry point?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait wait, so you're saying that DOAD can load the homebrew launcher?

Oh, no. That first post is saying you have to launch your homebrew application under one of those four games (in other words, think of SVDT, which has you pick a game to "identify" as, it's the same thing). Identifying as a game gives you its specific access rights (in this case, picking one of those four games gives you access to the low level IR hardware), in addition to being able to use its savedata however you want.

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no. That first post is saying you have to launch your homebrew application under one of those four games (in other words, think of SVDT, which has you pick a game to "identify" as, it's the same thing). Identifying as a game gives you its specific access rights (in this case, picking one of those four games gives you access to the low level IR hardware), in addition to being able to use its savedata however you want.
Ah, got it.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not know it was that weak. I guess someone could try using some higher power IR LED replacements to enhance the range.
Yea the range doesn't surprise me. Nintendo always use IR at really close range. On the gbc it was meant for use at 1-3 feet for the printer or transfer.
Bet to save battery they use weak ir on the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q