Hacking Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
why are you so obsessed with this game anyway it's not even that good!

It's not bad either best indy game so far no?
I kind of like it but then I am old and grew up on indy and starwars and the 80's., love them all regards of how crap the are or sound just reminds me of my long ago youth.
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bladexdsl said:
why are you so obsessed with this game anyway it's not even that good!

I'm not obsessed with that game. I'm obsessed with the only proper compatbility list here at GBAtemp. You just want to play games, and if it does not work, you want somebody to tell you what to do. I want to know what is required to get games to work. It's a pity you can't see that.

jarock said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 10 2009, 01:02 PM) Please verify that the game is a 002b game:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6188

I only accept complete test reports that tell which cIOS is used, and what's the result with each test.

I need a modchip for this no?

No it's for the majority of people here. Everybody using a cIOS to play games.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok will give it a shot.

Also just on the topic of 002, your saying that 002b checks the cIOS to see if it's been patched and then fails to load, unlike madworld for instance which needs it but does not check and works?.
So I am assuming that the 002b checks the cIOS were like cIOS rev9,10,12 contain the fix in the cIOS and won't work,so 13a does not contain the 002 fix but works because a USB Loader like GX patches the game itself and not the cIOS?

But also how would it explain GX not booting with rev12 but Flow boots and then freezes on title menu or is it just the loader itself doing an extra little but ultimately not working in the end?

I have not checked but is this also the case with Mortal Kombat or does that need something else?.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
002b == crash when the main.dol 002 fix is used. The cIOS rev8-12 and 13b use a main.dol 002 fix. 002b has some code that crashes if that certain part of the main.dol has been patched, it does not scan or check the cIOS.

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well Ive gather that I need cIOS 13a then and that should fix it for coverfloader (which is my primary anyway) unfortuately I have 13b so im now on a mission to find it lol. thanks for your help guys

and I thought indiana jones is one of the better wii games.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
I only read rev12 and 13 experiences. I am on rev10. Am I safe?

Safe? If you mean being able to play Indy no you won't be able from a USB Loader unless you have Rev13a not 10,12, or 13b. Otherwise you will have to play off Original or backup from the disc channel or a Disc Backup loader untill rev14 is out and hopefully the power off between games on rev13a is fixed.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
jarock said:
berlinka said:

Safe? If you mean being able to play Indy no you won't be able from a USB Loader unless you have Rev13a. Otherwise you will have to play off Original or backup from the disc channel or a Disc Backup loader
Allrighty that's what I wanted to know. Thanks! No way I am ever going to put rev13a on my Wii just for one game, because rev10 is nice and stable for me. I'll play it from disc then.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
jarock said:
berlinka said:

Safe? If you mean being able to play Indy no you won't be able from a USB Loader unless you have Rev13a. Otherwise you will have to play off Original or backup from the disc channel or a Disc Backup loader
Allrighty that's what I wanted to know. Thanks! No way I am ever going to put rev13a on my Wii just for one game, because rev10 is nice and stable for me. I'll play it from disc then.

Don't forget to skip update check if you have preloader or something else as there is an update on it. Not any new firmware just some info not sure what it is though as the game plays fine without it.

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to try and put rev13 and see if it works but am not able to find the install file for that. The only ones available are for rev13b, which is not suitable for this game it seems.

Can anyone link to the files for rev13 ??

Thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hyp3rlink said:
I wanted to try and put rev13 and see if it works but am not able to find the install file for that. The only ones available are for rev13b, which is not suitable for this game it seems.

Can anyone link to the files for rev13 ??

Thanks

The game is a 002b game, you really need rev13a. Look at Waninkoko's blog or here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hoqz1mykljh

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the links Wiipower and Narolez. I googled and got the same file from mediafire and the game now works with SDUSBloader-cfg31c after I installed rev13. I haven't tried it with Loader-GX though.

btw, is it (rev13a) really buggy as some are suggesting?

cheers

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have a wiikey a PAL wii 3.2E firmware and cios version 13b installed, i burned the iso, brickblocked it and regionfii it and booted it via geko 191 and it freezes, i boot it via the normal disc channel and i get a error has occured or a black screen, i boot it via geko 1.07 and i get a green screen, i've tried the rebooter option, pal 60hertz, and ntsc mode, no joy, please post a solution for the wiikey, not usb, thanks.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i have a wiikey a PAL wii 3.2E firmware and cios version 13b installed, i burned the iso, brickblocked it and regionfii it and booted it via geko 191 and it freezes, i boot it via the normal disc channel and i get a error has occured or a black screen, i boot it via geko 1.07 and i get a green screen, i've tried the rebooter option, pal 60hertz, and ntsc mode, no joy, please post a solution for the wiikey, not usb, thanks.

I don't have a Wiikey so cannot help you out but I belive bladexdsl got this working on the wiikey, PM him

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got 4.0E (Waninkoko's installer) with Wiikey, cIOS rev10. Patched the ISO with Shizzle Wiizle Frizzle Sizzle or something. It only patched the update. The game plays perfectly. But the disc drive almost hurts my ears during playing (tak-tak-tekketek-tek-tak-tak-t-t-t-t, you know what I mean)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@