Homebrew Increasing Resolution

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you even wan't to the picture will get smaller, so you have black borders(I hate black borders)

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe there is no pixelation because N64 games had to be designed to run on all different sizes of TVs. Therefore the game does not pixelate when run at a high resolution because it just thinks it's running on a big TV.

DS emulation most likely can't do this due to the fact that it was never designed to run at an increased resolution, and will therefore become pixelated.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible with 3D graphics, but 2D graphics will appear pixelated (unless filtering is turned on, which seems to be the case in stratton's screenshots). This cannot be done with current DS emulators but it is definitely possible.

Kros999, I believe most home consoles before the last generation (including the N64) displayed at a fixed resolution. Some N64 games had "high resolution" mode but that is set per game and not per television.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myZoom is an addon that can add zooming capabilities to No$GBA. It'll take a lot of CPU power, but you could check it out. One of the options is full-screen.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
myZoom is an addon that can add zooming capabilities to No$GBA. It'll take a lot of CPU power, but you could check it out. One of the options is full-screen.

It'll slow it down though.
You should wait a little while untill NDS emulation is perfected, zooming should be available then.
VBA also has zooming and filters which make a lot of difference to visuals.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, it's gonna slow it down quite a bit, but it's an option. There's also another no$gba addon called NDS2xGL2 which I've heard is faster than myZoom but I wasn't able to get it to work on my Computer so I can't tell you how it compares. I know it can only zoom up to 1.5 times the screen size.

EDIT: The iDeaS emulator can also zoom up to 1.5 times the screen size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show