Incomplete downgrade. What now?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by einhuman197, Feb 10, 2016.

1. einhuman197
    OP

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Hello. I've downgraded my n3ds from 9.9 to 9.2! Everything works (cfw, emunand...) but downgrade-check says that some titles were not downgraded. Should I downgrade again with the non memchunkhax2 build? And should I choose "Upgrade" or "downgrade" In the app? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by einhuman197, Feb 10, 2016
  2. tpax

tpax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    If everything works, don't do anything. The downgradechecker isn't very reliable in my opinion.

Kyouken and Guy50570 like this.
  3. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    There are certain titles that aren't touched when downgrading for the New 3DS (don't know about the Old 3DS, but it could be the same principle). If you're concerned about it, check what the titles are here: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list. Because everything works like it should, they're probably not anything important.

4. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    That's sort of 'normal' for (euro) N3DS. My system has it too. As do the systems of a lot of other people. Earlier downgrade packages didn't include those titles. Newer packages now do contain them (which also gives the archive a different MD5 checksum)
    The good news is that it won't affect you in any way. As you've already noticed, CFW will run and Emunand will work just fine.
    If you really want to, you could use 3dnus to download the missing titles as CIA files and then use FBI to replace them. That is a bit risky however and could perhaps lead to a brick if something goes wrong.

5. OmegaGamezHD

OmegaGamezHD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    You can look on 3dsdb for a game in your region that will update your Sysnand to a firmware below 10.3 to try to downgrade again. also try downgrading with SafeSysUpdater too. I put SafeSysUpdater on the root of my MicroSD and renamed it to "boot.3dsx" (without the quotes). I also used MenuHax to boot directly into it. Since MemChunkHax2 is unstable at the moment it will take a couple tries until it boots into SafeSysUpdater. SafeSysUpdater will also make sure you have all correct files needed to downgrade to 9.2. After you downgrade try using this to check if you downgraded successfully. Hope I helped!

Last edited by OmegaGamezHD, Feb 10, 2016
  6. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    What do the extra titles mean when it does the check?

7. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    an extra title is a title that's not supposed to be there on a true, clean 9.2 system.
    but having it is not harmful in any way

dronesplitter likes this.