Hacking Incoming Wii U update 5.5.2

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. You must be on 5.5.1 to install HaxChi

so first update to 5.5.1 using a game. Then use NNU patcher to download a valid DS game for HaxChi. You don't need to spoof to get valid DS game. Just use NNU patcher while on 5.5.1 and you can access eshop.
Hey, I was wondering do you know why I would be getting a FSGetMountSOurce failed message when trying to access HBL from loadiine.ovh?

t3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi my WiiU is installed with CBHC (ColdBoot HaxChi). I want to ask:
  1. The software version on my wiiu setting is displayed U 9.9.99 (or something like that), when it automatically updated to 5.5.2 does it show the change (to 5.5.2)? I have used the DNS to block update before.
  2. If I don't update to 5.5.2 can I still play games online? Does the game like Mario Maker/Splatoon/Smash Bros etc. need the WiiU to be updated to the latest version?
  3. Could I still play all my installed games? VC or DLC.
Thank you.

Last edited by t3k,
Reactions: pelago

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an SD card issue. Reformat the correct way or try a different SD card
hey, so I got a new SD card. It said couldn't load the HBL app. Then I tried Wupinstaller.com/wi and it errored out at the second step. I remembered something about clearing cookies and save data in the browser so I tried htat now I just get artifacts on the screen. Was there another trick to the browserhax 5.3.2? like loading up the settings then trying again or something?

LordOrwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my WiiU is installed with CBHC (ColdBoot HaxChi). I want to ask:
  1. The software version on my wiiu setting is displayed U 9.9.99 (or something like that), when it automatically updated to 5.5.2 does it show the change (to 5.5.2)? I have used the DNS to block update before.
  2. If I don't update to 5.5.2 can I still play games online? Does the game like Mario Maker/Splatoon/Smash Bros etc. need the WiiU to be updated to the latest version?
  3. Could I still play all my installed games? VC or DLC.
Thank you.
mine is now cbhc with 5.5.2. It still shows all 9s. The online of games doesn't yet require 5.5.2 and frankly it may be developer dependent on whether it ever requires it. Example: Mario maker may require it in the future but splatoon may not. Games such as lego dimensions which rely heavily on the store already require it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, so I got a new SD card. It said couldn't load the HBL app. Then I tried Wupinstaller.com/wi and it errored out at the second step. I remembered something about clearing cookies and save data in the browser so I tried htat now I just get artifacts on the screen. Was there another trick to the browserhax 5.3.2? like loading up the settings then trying again or something?
Follow my guide. All the steps are in there

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow my guide. All the steps are in there
I figured out the problem, I was using to new of a HBL version for 532. Are there any more updates I can do through WUPInstaller to get haxchi to install? I bought brain age but haxchi installer says it cant MCP hook something. So that's probably due to the console not being on 551 can I update individual system title things?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out the problem, I was using to new of a HBL version for 532. Are there any more updates I can do through WUPInstaller to get haxchi to install? I bought brain age but haxchi installer says it cant MCP hook something. So that's probably due to the console not being on 551 can I update individual system title things?

I think u need to use one of the 5.5.1 compatible games. paper mario: color splash is one of them.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaxChi won't install on 5.5.1. You're going to have to get your hands on one of the games listed in my guide in order to update to 5.5.1 first

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I let my console update actually. Games installed via homebrew still function. The only games I even care about anymore I own legit. What's even left for the Wii U? Death right?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's an SD card issue. Reformat the correct way or try a different SD card
I get that FSGetMountSource error using the latest HBL, going to an older HBL solved it for me (on the same sd card without reformat). I keep forgetting to retry the newer one now that I have haxchi on there, as it might just be related to the payload I use with that older PC based java server...

Reactions: TheZander

Fernieg777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So instead of doing this whole Haxchi method....is there a way I can play online without having to update to 5.5.2?
The current dns blocker use blocks nintendo forced updates, but I can still get on YouTube, if that helps anything. Wondering if I may be using another type of dns

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So instead of doing this whole Haxchi method....is there a way I can play online without having to update to 5.5.2?
The current dns blocker use blocks nintendo forced updates, but I can still get on YouTube, if that helps anything. Wondering if I may be using another type of dns

You can play online without update Wii U to latest version.

That is a flaw that i believe that they fixed on Switch.

You can just delete the update folder in your Wii U using the following method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

Doing that, all the time that Wii U try to force the update download, it will show an error.

It can be undone also, with recreating the update folder (explaining on how to do that is inside that url i showed you now).

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im sorry if this has been asked but I wanted to make sure is it safe to update to 552 even with cbhc installed

Only browser exploit is patched on 5.5.2, so, if you have Coldboot Haxchi installed already, just update then.

But is not that hard to use nnupatcher to access and download games from eShop.

wiiupoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP anyone who updated. Doubt there will be more exploits, the HB scene is dead.

No one even wanted to port any emulators. Why look for another exploit? Only real thing was piracy = meh.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaxChi won't install on 5.5.1. You're going to have to get your hands on one of the games listed in my guide in order to update to 5.5.1 first

Ok so i bought just dance 2017 and I am spoofed to 5.5.2 but really on 5.3.2 I disabled my internet so it prompts me to connect to the internet to update otherwise it laods the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that