Incognito

incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.

Cogn_mode-225x225.png

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
He is right a factory reset does not erase the logs. They are still stored in the NAND somewhere which one can remove manually via Hacdiskmount. Everyone knows that error logs when running CFW does not clear when you factory reset it. The secret error logs stored somewhere in the switch, not the one wecan see in our error history.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He is right a factory reset does not erase the logs. They are still stored in the NAND somewhere which one can remove manually via Hacdiskmount. Everyone knows that error logs when running CFW does not clear when you factory reset it. The secret error logs stored somewhere in the switch, not the one wecan see in our error history.

This is the system savedata after doing a factory restore settings. Unless the logs were saved in other partitions other than system and user.
system-factory-restore-settings.jpg

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
This is the system savedata after doing a factory restore settings. Unless the logs were saved in other partitions other than system and user.
View attachment 159667
Why not try going online. Used CFW on the system with No NSPs installed. Then did a factory reset?
Then do it with NSPs installed. And go online.

Reactions: Loko4

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you dont believe, install nsp, format and go online, after a week you will have your proof.

I did that for months before emunand. FYI, I manage a local second hand video game shop, been checking the ban status and cleaning hundreds of Switchs up, reinstalling cfw/ sx emunand before reselling to someone else with a guarantee of ban for 3 months. Still be safe as of now after months.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not try going online. Used CFW on the system with No NSPs installed. Then did a factory reset?
Then do it with NSPs installed. And go online.

Yes I did that, even rebuilt a whole system/user from scratch then go online to update firmware. still be safe. did that on hundreds of switches before reselling.

Thanks to @blawar , with this homebrew, the Switch will take advantage of the amazing feature to ban/unban system by purpose when in need.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I did that for months before emunand. FYI, I manage a local second hand video game shop, been checking the ban status and cleaning hundreds of Switchs up, reinstalling cfw/ sx emunand before reselling to someone else with a guarantee of ban for 3 months. Still be safe as of now after months.

Yes I did that, even rebuilt a whole system/user from scratch then go online to update firmware. still be safe. did that on hundreds of switches before reselling.

Thanks to @blawar , with this homebrew, the Switch will take advantage of the amazing feature to ban/unban system by purpose when in need.
Used CHoiDujuor to go online? or official firmware? Like Im just gonna keep my EmuNAND for offline use only and SysNAND for online use.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for your emunand guide my guy, I got my switch setup pretty much how I want it to be. Just waiting on a dragoninjector.

Last edited by jscjml,
Reactions: thaikhoa

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

So your saying that its safe to go online? After doing a restore? And then reinstall CFW an then rinse and repeat?

D

Deleted User

I couldn’t get it to work even with the flags set.

Also you can read the flags.md if you want to learn more about them. It’s found on the atmosphere github in the docs folder.
did anyone ever get this working with atmosphere? trying to get this working on a 7.0 switch and i cant seem to get it to work no matter what i do

smorrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.

View attachment 158505

[n00b question ]
Does that mean we can now use the eshop and switch online without getting banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated