RELEASE Incognito

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blawar, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ColorBoyKent

ColorBoyKent Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    So can I use incognito instead of emummc for more space I “figured” incognito is safe cause it deletes info etc so it’ll be fine to use alone for more space etc I don’t know how to explain hope someone understands

2. ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    So can I use incognito instead of emummc for more space I “figured” incognito is safe cause it deletes info etc so it’ll be fine to use alone for more space etc I don’t know how to explain hope someone understands

3. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    No.

4. ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Why

5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Incognito wipes a few kb of data from cal0, which you don't have write access to. It's not wiping data from personal storage. Emummc and incognito or two entirely different things. You don't get more space by using incognito. If you ask why again, you need to look up what each does and learn why what you're asking isn't a thing.

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You should really find out the difference between a Nintendo server communication blocker and what a mmc is, they are two different things, you can't get more with Incognito as it just only edit your prod.info not giving you more space.

7. ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    When I mean more space is the space emummc takes by only using 30gb cause I have 128 and want more games

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well then don't use an emunand if you gonna complain about it taking up 30GB it is not like it went to waste, it is not like you can't install games on to that emulated nand.

9. ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    I’m slow I usually restore my whole nand instead of using emummc to go to stock /: cause I don’t know how to that’s why I usually restore nand cause when I turn of emummc it returns my name back to my Nintendo account but I still have Homebrew and custom themes etc so is it useless to me if don’t use?

10. TWilliamson

TWilliamson Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Does this work with absolute certainty that the console won't get banned? Of course, before I ever want to use Nintendo servers again, I will restore my clean NAND.

11. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Well it stops a console ban 100% because Nintendo can't identify your console anymore. So far it seems like that halts any of your accounts from connecting so there's nothing for them to ban then. Its more like banning yourself by using an invalid console ID, so that your real console ID is never found to get banned.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Jul 26, 2019
  12. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I think that I misunderstand, but with it we can play online with pirated games ?

13. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No. it prevents you from going 0nline

Draxzelex and Xyphoseos like this.
  14. LSolrac

LSolrac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Can this be used with Atmosphere? And if so, how does it differ from 90DNS, besides nulling prod info

15. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Hi i have never really looked into incognito until now as i am using emunand.

Is cal0 duplicated with emunand? So could you run incognito on emunand but keep cal0 correct on emmc for normal online usage?

Basically want to know so i can use homebrew apps with online access in emunand. :)

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Yes, if you use a patched version of Atmosphere that allows you to write to prodinfo. However, it's easier to use ReiNX or SX OS (with or without a bought license) to install Incognito. Once Incognito is installed, you can switch back to your normal version of Atmosphere.

The effect is the same: Your Switch will refuse to connect to Nintendo's servers, preventing you from being banned. Online play and the eShop will not work. It's nice because it will prevent a ban in case you accidentally connect to the internet without 90DNS.

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It requires the use of a sysmodule to allow Incognito to write to PRODINFO

Yes, CAL0 is duplicated with emuNAND so you can have Incognito enabled while retaining normal online functionality without fear of a ban.

Dave_Chad and Lacius like this.
  18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Incognito will not interfere with your ability to use the internet on your Switch, aside from Nintendo's services. With Incognito, you will not be able to use online play, the eShop, or update in the system settings.

Dave_Chad likes this.
  19. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Thanks guys pretty much the answers i was looking for!

gizmomelb and Draxzelex like this.
  20. manosk

manosk Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    Greece
    Hi guys,

I bought yesterday a new switch already running latest Reinx OS with incognito mode enabled.(The serial number is not displayed in the system settings).
    I would like to know where the backup of the prodinfo is located in the sdcard in order to keep it also on my computer.
    Also I would like to know if I want to setup a second sdcard do I have to turn on airplane mode -> disable then incognito mode and then restart the switch and insert the new sdcard which has the same data as the initial one?

Br,
    Manos

21. evil goober

evil goober Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2008
    United States
    prodinfo.bin go to switch folder, then the incognito folder it should be in there.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted