Hacking Question In sense of Ban: What does a NAND backup yield?

Bl4ckeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Guys

I hope it's not a too stupid question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the NAND, there is only the Console OS, User Data and maybe some boot information?
Of course I did a Nand Backup but not for this case as you can guess,but regarding my question:

When I'm banned, because I was so stupid and played a game from that iso site online, does a Nandbackup make a Difference because it's probably the ID of the console which is banned and so on the black list?

Which leads me to the following question, when I'm banned but I have a clean Nand backup and use it for an EmuNand or CFW does it make a difference, or is it still the same ID which is on the blacklist?

I'm not really familiar how the potential emuNAND or CFW work, but maybe someone with experience from the 3DS scene allready know.

Thanks alot

Bl4ck

Bl4ckeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thats what i thought, thanks.

Maybe if you know that too:
What does the EmuNand or CFW do in the same sense.
Like before it shouldn't change something as long it's not possible to hide or spoof the console id?
I read that there are different sorts of ban, do we already know what/how Nintendo is banning?

Thanks

Bl4ck

tsanummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Like before it shouldn't change something as long it's not possible to hide or spoof the console id?
I read that there are different sorts of ban, do we already know what/how Nintendo is banning?

Thanks

Bl4ck

If you exceed the maximum quota for pirated games they send the police to your location. SXOS hasn't patched geolocation services.

Check for vans across the street before running any legal (or otherwise) backups

Reactions: Axido

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks

Bl4ck

EmuNand and CFW are in the same boat. If you can't spoof your console's unique id, then your banned console will still be banned in CFW and EmuNand.

We are unsure exactly what causes bans, but we have a pretty good idea of things that probably cause bans:
  • using software that you're not allowed (dev menu, freeshop, etc)
  • using an unauthorized player avatar
  • making unauthorized requests to Nintendo's servers
  • two people using the same cart at the same time
and things that maybe cause bans:
  • unrecognized error messages
  • clearing your error log
There are probably others in both categories.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The reason people are saying an emuNAND may help with avoiding bans, is you could go online with your purchased games and no hax on sysNAND, and only play pirated offline games on the emuNAND, which you never allow to connect to the internet.

There is probably nothing shared between them and there should be no reason for a ban. This would only work if you have never done anything suspicious with your console before creating the emuNAND though, and also that the creation of the emuNAND doesn't leave traces of homebrew use.

You can do something similar, but a lot more tedious - create a NAND backup before you ever touch any hax. Every time you want to play online with a purchased game, restore this NAND backup first, and make a new one when done. This relies on the action of making NAND backups and restoring NAND backups not leaving any traces though.

Reactions: tecfreak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-