PS1/2 In reguards to PSX

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My birthday is coming up in a few short months and my next modding endevor will be for the PSX. This was the first type of modding I was ever exposed to. Not to mention PSX turned me into an RPG addict and I miss these games. I'm not worried about obtaining the ISOs I got that on lock down. However here is the mod chip I'm debating on...

http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.ph...products_id=276

and for some reason I can't tell if its my laser or motor crapping out but it takes forevvvvver to load. So if someone could help me pinpoint what I need to replace and where to buy it that'd be nice. I'm going to dig it out in the next few days and try to pin point it myself.

The only other thing I need to figure out is what I need to take the ISO and properly apply it to the disc for play. If any of you can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the mm3, it was very very easy to install. the points are pretty big, i installed it within 30 minutes, as it was my first time modding and had very minimal soldering experience, and i also had a 102 degree fever when i installed it.

you may be able to find a new laser on ebay

you should just be able to burn an iso without doing anything, everything ive had has burned and loaded perfectly without patching or anything. though i have noticed imgburn has given sector mismatches at the beginning of the burn, but everything i have burned has played without error

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an emulator but my computer is about 2 x 2 x 1/2 a foot and mondo heavy. I'd rather lug around a tiny PSX. I don't have an ebay account but I'm going to try to pin point weither I need a laser or motor soon and hopefully a site to order from. Has anyone had any problems from Eurasia? Thanks for the help though I've never burned an ISO so I'm going to see if theres a guide some where.

*****Edit*****

Attempted to play legend of dragoon on my own everything ran great just wish I had the back loading gameshark still rather than the crappy CDX that you can't add to. Anyone know where to get one? Guess I won't need that laser or motor after all. =D

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NecroCombine666 said:
just wish I had the back loading gameshark still rather than the crappy CDX that you can't add to. Anyone know where to get one?

I don't know where you would get one these days (try ebay maybe) but there were also a lot of "clones" out there usually sold as a "Game Enhancer" that was primarily intended to allow playing of backups/imports via the swap method, but also worked as a GameShark. Maybe one of those would be easier to find. Or not. I don't know.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NecroCombine666 said:
Has anyone had any problems from Eurasia?

eurasia is where i got my mm3. it shipped the next day, came about 12 days after it shipped out. it ships from thailand

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome thanks helpful people
smile.gif
you make my day

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last night I had a dream I bought all the final fantasys PSX :-p Needless to say I'm ready to get to modding. After doing another search for the perfect mod chip and guides on how to solder it in. (I've never soldered anything in my life).

I've came across this chip....The stealth elite prewired for 15 buckc. It's between that and the MM3. Any input?

I found ISOs can I just use WMP to burn those to every day cd-rs?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use imgburn to burn your isos. If I were you id look for a FAT ps2 and buy a modchip from dealextreme, lightake or shoptemp. Look for paying around 20-25$ for a fat ps2 that is in order. While your at it if you find a network adapter it would be good too...
So fo 15$ more(or less depends of shipping) than your modchip you get a modded ps2...

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are PS2's easier or better to mod? What would the use of the network adapter be? I'm just really fiending for PS1 games and I have an original 9000 model PS1

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NecroCombine666 said:
Are PS2's easier or better to mod? What would the use of the network adapter be? I'm just really fiending for PS1 games and I have an original 9000 model PS1

They can be for the most part since most models can do FreeMCboot. And a good number of them can also do PS1 games that way, though you'd need to swap.

Either way if you get a chip I'd say do it on a PS2 if you can over a PSX, because compatibility is good enough to justify it unless you want to play one of the few PS1 games that has issues on a PS2.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the guide on how to set up MC Freeboot. If you plan on using your PS2 for PS1 games it's gonna require a Swap Magic card; you can make your own using an old gift card so just Google it up.

If your still considering modding your PS1 then I'd recommend the M33 since it's cheap and has great compatibility.

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like emulators and all but i definitly would like to take my PS1 on trips with me and play whatever as cheap as possible. I'm new to this so I'm not sure what a MC freeboot is or a swap magic card. I just remember my sisters ex had a huge 500 disk cd holder full of burnt games and a chip in his PS1 and thats what I want.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MC Freeboot allows you to boot up apps and homebrew and the Swap Magic card is a slide card that allows you to open your PS2's disc tray.

If your looking on taking a PS1 collection on trips save yourself the trouble of burning CDs and carrying around a PS1 and get yourself a PSP with a TV-out cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.