in-game music

Got any music from a video game on your MP3 player?

• Yeah, plenty. Better than the charts IMHO.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only a few real life songs from Guitar Hero.

• No, but now that you've mentioned it I may add some.

• No, most game music sucks.

• I don't have music of any kind.

• What's music?

• Moo.

• Total voters

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just bought a PS2 today to play all the games that have amazing soundtracks, I missed out on. I'm actually going to play those games more for the soundtrack rather than a overall game itself. Final Fantasy X and Dark Cloud 2, for example. I got a really good deal on the PS2, though. The console (with wires and leads), two controllers and a memory card, all for approximately around 20 pounds

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my PS2 around the same price. Struck a deal with the kid across the road. He wanted to sell the PS2 to raise the money for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. He needed 20 quid. He'd get about the same in our local store but we'd have to spend an extra 6 quid on bus fare to get there. So we agreed that if I bought Monster Hunter for him in some fashion, the PS2 was mine, cables and all. Now an integral part of my gaming day.

And now that I think on it, it's still switched on in my room. I came downstairs to refill my drinks, got sidetracked buying something on ebay, then got sidetracked here for about 5 hours, and my PS2's been on pause this whole time....uh oh...
unsure.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not a huge fan of FF7, it definitely had one of the most scene-setting scores of the decade.

It differs quite a bit from the other games in the series in that there's a distinct synthesized tone in most of the tracks that gives off a very industrialized feel—which well-represents the bleak futuristic environment.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We're seriously gonna talk about the FF7 soundtrack and not mention Aerith's theme music, the sound to arguably the most memorable cutscene in history? That song still makes one of my friends cry. Seriously.

Why am I friends with this wierdo?
unsure.gif

Personally I reckon the better environmental songs (the battle/character themes are too obvious choices) from FF7 were these:

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
We're seriously gonna talk about the FF7 soundtrack and not mention Aerith's theme music, the sound to arguably the most memorable cutscene in history? That song still makes one of my friends cry. Seriously.
Although Aerith's theme (along with Bombing Run and One Winged Angel) is probably one of the most iconic tracks from the game, I don't really find it to be particularly moving.

For the most part it sounds like all the other generic fluffy FF tracks.

D

Deleted User

The "HotD - Overkill" Soundtrack is awesome.

I also have all of the Zelda soundtracks, Chrono Trigger (only the original sound version), Sword of Mana and some more.

gameboy13

Orange and fluffy since 1995.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have more VG music than "regular" music on my MP3 player.

Let's see...

LoZ: Twilight Princess OST
LoZ: Ocarina of Time OST
Orange Box OST:
- Half-Life
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2 Eps 1-2
- Portal
- Team Fortress 2
Mother 3 Main Theme (Ripped it myself)

Also: Post #666.
evil.gif

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
I really need to get me some game soundtracks for the ipod now.

Sometimes I switch out the music, it depends on what i'm playing, and obviously you can't do it with certain PS3 games, and usually i'll only change it if the music sucks, and I think I can add a more suitable score.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot