Hacking IN ALOT OF TROUBLE - WII WONT LOAD

corolla0305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all i had installed MiiWii onto my Wii and i went to install some WAD files, which came up with a -1 error

My mate decided to come around to try and fix it but now things are a whole lot worse.....

He decided that he couldnt do it and went into the Wii Settings and selected Format Wii Memory
so he did this and then the Wii rebooted up with Preloader.......
He set everything in Preloader as he said installed the autoboot file and chose SystemMenu which came back with an error if ticket not installed???
Now he set the load with FILE and now all i get it a reoccuring boot.jpg and boot.mp3 from Wii Mii and nothing else all it does is loop......

is there any help to get back into preloader??
any way to get menu back??
am i in need for a new wii??

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold the reset button at boot. That will load you into preloader. once there install the wad manager as your installed dol and boot it into wad manager. once there install a copy of the system menu wad for your region and version.

corolla0305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thankz i have preloader back on the screen but if he formatted wii menu how can i get it back???

Posts merged

ok im searching for a wad manager dol right now....thanks for the fast replies

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much hey. The format option is the most evil thing to press with a modded wii. You are lucky that preloader was left in tact. Simply reinstall the system menu with the system menu v290 wad. That is 3.2E. If you have a US Wii find v289. That's 3.2U. That should save your wii and fix the problems.

corolla0305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i have the system menu wad i just have to get wad manager back on to install it ??

Posts merged

sorry if i sound hectic just trying my best so i got the wadmanager.dol and a systemmenu.wad
in preloader it says load/install file and then says did not find any executables on the root of SD card where i put those files??

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
corolla0305 said:
yeah i have the system menu wad i just have to get wad manager back on to install it ??

Posts merged

sorry if i sound hectic just trying my best so i got the wadmanager.dol and a systemmenu.wad
in preloader it says load/install file and then says did not find any executables on the root of SD card where i put those files??

Put the wadmanager.dol in a folder in the apps folder of your sd, put systemmenu.wad in the wad folder. Run the Homebrew Channel through preloader and use the wad manager to install system menu wad. Then it should boot fine.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
corolla0305 said:
I click on Homebrew Channel and get this message
Error Autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed

ummm..... you might have to go order savemii, or take apart a gamecube controller, to access recovery mode so you can save it.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
corolla0305 said:
I click on Homebrew Channel and get this message
Error Autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed

You deleted it when you formatted...

Listen, in this situation, YOU do not need hbc, got it?

Anyways, load preloader and install wadmanager, and then set the wii to boot it. Use the search button and find a preloader guide

Anyways, with wadmanager loaded, install 3.2u/e. For an ntsc wii, it is 3.2u which is v289. For a pal wii, it is 3.2e, which means that you install v290. After the install, it is highly recommended that you reinstall preloader, as the installation of 3.2 removes it.

Anyways, someone has to write a recovery guide for this...

corolla0305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have reinstalled system menu and resetup all settings
i used a boot.dol in preloader and it installed HBC then with MiiWii preinstall i installed systemmenuv290.wad
now i got my basic wii menu with HBC......do i stay away from MiiWii or go back how i was setup??

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
corolla0305 said:
ok i have reinstalled system menu and resetup all settings
i used a boot.dol in preloader and it installed HBC then with MiiWii preinstall i installed systemmenuv290.wad
now i got my basic wii menu with HBC......do i stay away from MiiWii or go back how i was setup??

Glad to see that your ordeal is over!

Anyways, the choice is yours. You installed a fresh system menu so it may or may not work. Personally, though, I do not know what mii wii is so my support ends here. Again your call. Look at its features and see if there is an alternative program that could do the same, though...

EDIT - Did you reinstall preloader? It is highly recommended to keep your wii alive, and as you have seen here, a very powerful tool that is safe to use.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Gah, wii internet sucks >.< Anyways, before you go out to fix anything, you need to know the reason your fixing it. I highly recommend that you look in the gbatemp wiki. Try terms like "cIOS Errors" or "Wad manager errors"... I recall there being a pdf somewhere, but I dont have the luxury of a computer at this moment... Ill search a bit myself, and if anything comes up, ill tell you right away.

Wish i could support you faster, but im forced to use wii opera right now >.<

Edit ^^^ Ditto!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.