moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a Netgear DG834G and connect to it using Netgear WG111 wireless adapter. I've made sure I'm on a different channel to my neighbour's wireless and have encrypted using WPA.

Nowadays I keep getting disconnected like every 10 minutes and it's really starting to piss me off, I'm having to take out and then reconnect the adapter everytime.

What ways are there to improve your connection?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's an USB Wireless adapter? I had to throw one of it outside the window because of the same problem, and got a PCI WiFi card.

That's not giving me problems anymore
tongue.gif

I think that USB adapters overheat (and stops working, thus losing connection), when the WiFi signal is too weak, and you have to disconnect and reconnect it to make it work again. And after a while, this trick didn't even work anymore :/

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What you may want to do:

upgrade the firmware on your router.
try a 7dbi atenna. I have a d-link and I get reception throughout my 1800 sq ft house even with doors closed.
do not use windows to connect to the internet, try using the netgear software that should have come with your adapter.

these are just a few things that may help, they helped me.

Let us know if any of this works for you.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make one of those bouncer things that go on the antennas. Google something like "wireless router parabolic bouncer" for more info. People have posted diagrams and such of exactly how to make the best reflectors.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem with the wifi wireless usb adapter, but after my computer is moved ( kopple of feets away now from the wii) my problem seems to be solved for about a week now
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny