Hacking Implications of Homebrew Channel

Thanatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last night i installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii along with a few emulators, Chrono Trigger FTW!, anyways one of my friend wants to install it on his but is concerned on the safety of doing it. So my question is there any damage that can be done by running the TP Hack and installing the HBC? Are there any homebrew apps that also could somehow cause damage? THANKS!

-On an unrelated note i installed Wii64 and tried playing Smash Brothers and it was slow and had messed up textures, same with kirby, is that just how it works or am i missing something. (finding good info on it and snes9x has been hard, at least for me)

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
It is safe. For sure. UNless you download a virus, but there is any yet. And about Wii64-emulator is in *ahem* progress, so it sucks now.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanatos said:
So my question is there any damage that can be done by running the TP Hack and installing the HBC? Are there any homebrew apps that also could somehow cause damage? THANKS!
Right now, there are no dangers. Just to be safe, make sure you don't have the Nintendo Channel installed.
QUOTE(Thanatos @ Jun 24 2008, 11:10 AM) On an unrelated note i installed Wii64 and tried playing Smash Brothers and it was slow and had messed up textures, same with kirby, is that just how it works or am i missing something. (finding good info on it and snes9x has been hard, at least for me)
Wii64 sucks right now, but it will get better. If you want to play Super Smash Bros. 64 on your Wii, just download the injected VC Super Smash Bros. It works perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay