IMGBURN and PIONEER 212

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by olosi, Jul 30, 2008.

Jul 30, 2008

IMGBURN and PIONEER 212 by olosi at 2:19 PM (3,040 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. olosi
    OP

Newcomer olosi Advanced Member

Italy
    Hello Everybody,
    it's now like a week that every night I try to burn SSBB on my pioneer wasting hours that I could have to flirt with girls [​IMG] ...
    Now I'm a little tired , I give up and ask for your help..

After hours reading related posts I understand that the following toolings are needed :

- IMGBURN software

2. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Pioneer is sh1t my opinion ... Lot of people report compatibility issues with this drive under Imgburn and Vista ... it is not fully compatible with Imgburn by default ... if your drive is not seen it is not compatible except with an hacked firmware ( search ) or tools like MediaCodeSpeedEdit...

Btw when i block ImgBurn from connecting to the web ( the tool check google and yahoo at start ) it hangs ... i saw no option to bypass this check except bypassing my hosts file ;-(

I am stuck with Nec they got a better price/quality/reliability ratio than any plextor pioneer ....

3. olosi
    OP

Italy
    Ghost I see your point but I cannot undertand why reading through the web everybody with Pioneer and imgburn can burn perfectly SSBB and I cannot.

I read all the threads in here as well and seems I cannot set IMGBURN booktype DVDROM.

Any suggestion ?

4. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
  5. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The hacked firmware that fischju has posted is always the best way to go. I don't use all the features that it offers but have found it useful for burning different things that the official firmware won't burn. I've owned the 110, 111, and 112 Pioneer DVD writers with no problems at all. I only upgraded the 110 that I've had for years because the firmware for it got old and it didn't burn everything. The 112 I got for a new PC. Every one of the writers still works, and for £20 I don't think you can go wrong buying a pioneer.

6. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I run SSBB burnt on a+DL and didn't need to set any booktype. The Pioneers set automatically the booktype of +dl discs to dvd-rom.. works fine on my wiikey.

7. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    All drives should set DVD+R DL booktype to -ROM by default as it is part of the spec.

OEM pioneer drives will only bitset DL media. If you want booktype setting for SL DVD+R you need to crossflash them in to buffalo models. ie 8.xx firmware rather than 1.xx firmware. In this day and age though, it is unnecessary - Very few devices actually need it.

As a side note, you don't need to set the layer break or slow down the burn. Default burn speed is more often than not the optimal write strategy - particularly with Pioneer drives.

8. olosi
    OP

Italy
    M8s just for your knowledge I tried again and IMGBURN says me that the disc has been burned as booktype DVDROM.
    I tried with still orginal 1.24 firmware on Memorex 2.4x at 2.4x speed setting the layer break. NO luck.

Now I'm trying to burn on a Verbatim 2.4x same speed, same layer break but with the updated firmware suggested by fischju.

I hope to come back to you with nice news.

I'm of course trying to burn SSBB PAL version and all the previous tries are not working on the wii, it tells that the disc is wrong or blank. Any suggestion ?