Gaming Imagination is the Only Escape - Holocaust DS game?

Anglophile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that there is an educational DS game in the making called "Imagination is the only escape". It shows the life of a young jewish boy, and how he deals with the holocaust with his imagination. It gives accurate facts about the Holocaust, but doesn't show any gore or anything like that.

Has anyone else heard of this? What do you think?
I hope it comes to the DS, I would be very interested in giving this a play. Personally, I think as long as it's tasteful, it's great. It's good to find new mediums to teach new generations about the Holocaust.

Here's a news link if you'd like...

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/03/10/will-we...he-only-escape/

Anglophile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just says that it is banned in the United States...doesn't mean we can't get our hands on it anyways! People in Europe are much more tolerant. Personally, I really do believe it's BS that the US will ban an educational game like this, and yet allows Grand Theft Auto, in which you use & kill prostitutes. WTF?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anglophile said:
It just says that it is banned in the United States...doesn't mean we can't get our hands on it anyways! People in Europe are much more tolerant. Personally, I really do believe it's BS that the US will ban an educational game like this, and yet allows Grand Theft Auto, in which you use & kill prostitutes. WTF?
Actually if you read all of the thread it turns out that it wasn't banned at all.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dawn.wan said:
this sounds like a depressing games.. sure it's somewhat educational.. but its just gonna teach kids about death
Which I think is a somewhat important thing to learn about, yes?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from what i saw from the screenshot it's not really any more depressing for kids than a metroid platformer(the 2d GBA ones)

altough it might be for people who have been close to the things described in the game.

the graphics really look for children.
the nazi's look like half demon shadows in a comical cartoonish way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj