I'm really going to miss the the 3DS Pokemon artstyle (Image heavy)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by mesakagi, Jul 26, 2019.

1. mesakagi
    OP

mesakagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    I'm not sure if this is the right section to be posting this so mod please move if it not.

Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Sun/Moon, I really enjoyed XY and Oras and still love the artstyle of all three games. I do hope GF will one day make a new game or remake one for the fans that reverts back to top down view using the traditional 3DS formula and it's nice style of art but I highly doubt we're even going to see any games that look like quite like these again. SwSh's artstyle and overall visual presentation to me is a mixed bag of some objective technical improvements but also visual caveats that drags down the games art style and feeling of polish like the lack of detail in the huge ass empty spaces in the overworld and the huge flat otherwise barren floor surfaces because everything is made to be so big. I'm not saying SwSh is going to be a bad game or anything like that, I just think it can look a bit better especially when these 3DS games look so great!

X&Y
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

ORAS

Sun & Moon

Sword and Shield

Last edited by mesakagi, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    google images is image heavy. this is a joke. use spoilers next for the love of Arceus. ill spoiler them this time next time do it yourself. lmao.

Last edited by Flame, Jul 26, 2019
  3. mesakagi
    OP

mesakagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    I'll try fix the post thanks

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted