Hacking I'm on 9.4 Would I be any worse off updating to 9.5?

R1ckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, it's always safer to stay on 9.4 of course but if you like taking risk, no-one's stopping you :P
Currently there's no bright future for 9.2+ so I guess that when they find the next exploit, it's gonna be for a higher version, but don't quote me on that

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i am in the same situation.. updated to 9.4, but now i dont know if i should stay... i have no plans into get a 3ds mode flashcart but would like to downgrade and install cfw...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I doubt waiting on 9.4 would help anyone, people did the same after they missed the 4.5 window waiting on 5.x and 6.x etc......and in the end it was a waste of time anyway as once compatibility was increased it was straight upto 9.2

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt waiting on 9.4 would help anyone, people did the same after they missed the 4.5 window waiting on 5.x and 6.x etc......and in the end it was a waste of time anyway as once compatibility was increased it was straight upto 9.2

Ya, one just cannot tell whats going to happen. My original 3DS was on ver 2 when I got it. I put it back in the box for a year and a half. Had to buy a game to update it to 4.1 when GW came on the scene.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a n3ds on 9.4 keep it there. If it's an older one then 9.5 will likely get support at the same time as 9.4 if it ever happens at all.

furrysalamander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I guess I'm going to update then. My only hope was maybe that mii maker exploit they discovered a while ago wasn't patched, and that I'd be able to install CFW through it. But, I guess that's probably a pipe dream, and since I've got NSMB2, I should just download it.

Reactions: migles

furrysalamander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I mean I'm not getting a new one since if I do, I won't be able to transfer to the new one, because they're going to be on different firmwares. I guess if I used emunand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh