I'm on 9.4 Would I be any worse off updating to 9.5?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by furrysalamander, Feb 18, 2015.

1. furrysalamander
    OP

furrysalamander Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Title says it all. I have a few eshop codes, but I don't know if it's worth the wait.

2. ImYoungxD

ImYoungxD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    Wait for what? Gateway?
    Go buy Sky3ds.

3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Stick to 9.4 for awhile, once Gateway releases there N3DS version, who knows the will get 9.4 to work, but in the end, you can do whatever you want ;)

4. R1ckx

R1ckx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    Netherlands
    Well, it's always safer to stay on 9.4 of course but if you like taking risk, no-one's stopping you :P
    Currently there's no bright future for 9.2+ so I guess that when they find the next exploit, it's gonna be for a higher version, but don't quote me on that

5. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    9.4 sysNAND? We have no idea if or when Gateway will support your firmware. Either get another 3DS or get Sky3DS.

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i am in the same situation.. updated to 9.4, but now i dont know if i should stay... i have no plans into get a 3ds mode flashcart but would like to downgrade and install cfw...

7. furrysalamander
    OP

furrysalamander Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Lol, not getting another 3DS. My digital library fills the home menu zoomed out all the way.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    I doubt waiting on 9.4 would help anyone, people did the same after they missed the 4.5 window waiting on 5.x and 6.x etc......and in the end it was a waste of time anyway as once compatibility was increased it was straight upto 9.2

9. Ritchie555

Ritchie555 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Canada
    What u a stalker or sommit?
    Ya, one just cannot tell whats going to happen. My original 3DS was on ver 2 when I got it. I put it back in the box for a year and a half. Had to buy a game to update it to 4.1 when GW came on the scene.

10. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    If you have a n3ds on 9.4 keep it there. If it's an older one then 9.5 will likely get support at the same time as 9.4 if it ever happens at all.

11. furrysalamander
    OP

furrysalamander Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Alright. I guess I'm going to update then. My only hope was maybe that mii maker exploit they discovered a while ago wasn't patched, and that I'd be able to install CFW through it. But, I guess that's probably a pipe dream, and since I've got NSMB2, I should just download it.

migles likes this.
  12. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Make some folders?

13. furrysalamander
    OP

furrysalamander Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    No, I mean I'm not getting a new one since if I do, I won't be able to transfer to the new one, because they're going to be on different firmwares. I guess if I used emunand...