I'm on 5.3.2U but Smash Bros. Says "Preparing Update"

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ninja_Carver, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Ninja_Carver
    OP

Ninja_Carver GBAtemp Fan

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    As the title states, as soon as it said this, I panicked and pulled the plug. Isn't the latest version 5.3.2? Can I let this disk go through the motions? Sorry haven't played a game on the U for like over year

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    yea i think the latest is 5.3.2! are you sure its not just a game update instead of system?

3. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, they've released updates for it, just let it install them (before you get locked out)
    http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4-Wii_U)

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I know that you're the one who published the DNS router workaround, but are you still online? There was update data for Smash to nerf Little Mac a little bit and make a few "improvements for stability". It does nothing to the system outside of the game, though

Fitting that there are ninjas on Ninja_Carver's thread

5. Ninja_Carver
    OP

Ninja_Carver GBAtemp Fan

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    am I still online? yes... I tested stuff, I can browse around the internet on the browser, but can't open eShop.. I just tried to let this update through and it won't go. Presumably becaue I've blocked it....

6. Ninja_Carver
    OP

Ninja_Carver GBAtemp Fan

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    yeah so I changed he dns server back to the non-blocking one, got the update, and then switched back to blocking... cool. ive been out of the scene for a while so its been a bit rough :P

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  7. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Game specific patch came out after release. Skylanders for my son did the same thing. Donkey Kong. Game specific patches will be interesting also. I can envision virtual nand options. Lol.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.