Gaming I'm not sure why SSBB won't work on my PAL Wii

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I know there are tons of guides and FAQS here and I should do a search, but I want to explain my situation and get adive on that so I can get Brawl working and if nothing works, it's no big deal I'll wait for the EU one to come out I guess.

Alright guys, here goes

Today I got SSBB and the EU No More Heroes, both "backups" of course cause thats how we do it where I live lol
I got No More Heroes because it was supposed to have the 3.2E update on it, turns out the version I got didn't have no update yet it works perfectly fine on my 3.1E Wii.
So I decide to pop Brawl in and see what happens, the guy I got it from said it was patched so it wouldn't update or anything, but for some reason it still asked for an update. Well, since No More Heroes didn't have the 3.2E update I decided to go ahead and semi-brick my Wii because I really don't care about Dual Channels, so I let SSBB do its thing, the Wii restarts, no dual channels no nothing, I can still access the settings and my Wii is still at 3.1E, but now the system reads and detects Brawl as a Wii game and the game doesn't ask for an update anymore.
Still, after I click start it doesn't work, it's kinda weird actually, the Wii loses its video signal or whatever, it's still on and reads the disc for a while longer but it's like the Wii loses connection to the TV somehow.
Now, I play NTSC games on this TV all the time, sure it's an old crappy TV but I've never had a single problem with 60Hz PAL or NTSC games on any of my systems in the past so I doubt thats the problem.
I also have Region Override and Region Free ON in my WiiKey Config.

So, should go out and buy one of them WiFi thingies that would make my cable internet wireless so I can go online with the Wii and update to 3.2, or did SSBB install an update and something else is preventing it from running on my system?

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
brawl has not been released for pal regions yet;) just get an american wii or a freeloader
smile.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't bother updating it further... that probably won't help.

When the video 'disconnects' how long have you left it? My friend has to leave it 10-15 seconds before it reconnects and works normally. Though it works instantly if he puts it in 50Hz but has a bit missing at the bottom.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
ItsMetaKnight said:
brawl has not been released for pal regions yet;) just get an american wii or a freeloader
smile.gif

THIS!
The Detal Freeloader did the trick.

Also Brawl is beyond epic! I can't believe how amazingly awesome this game is, I liked Melee and the first Smash Bros but was never THIS much in love with either, but Brawl, holy shit, it's just epic.

EDIT:
Just one question guys, should I set my Disc read speed to 6x or leave it to 3x? I use 3x so I don't strain my laser but I'm not sure what would be better for SSBB since it's on a dual layer DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1