I'm Not a Dumb Arse

cobleman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i work at a Truss and Frame factory.
My job is to manually cut the timbers that the machines cant cut.
My main job is to cut all the sills, lintels ,head packers ,unders and overs (wall members).
I place them on a trolley with a piece of timber with the name and job number on it and spray it with florescent paint so its easy to see what job it is.
Well we have had a few people off sick the last couple of weeks and the company hired a couple of people to take up the slack.
Well 1 of the guys started on the frames and today he spoke to me for the 1st time.
He said as if i knew what job they are up to "WHAT TROLLEY IS NEXT"?
I replied "I don't know you will have to check your job number"
In a bit of a huff he went to the trolleys and picked up the job name and number from both trolleys.
I said to him "Your better off leaving the names with their trolleys so you don't get them mixed up" i took 1 of the names and put it back on the trolley it was from.
He said in an angry voice "I'm Not a Dumb Arse" and picked the name back up and walked back to his workstation to check the numbers.
I just thought fine you'll stuff it up.And i was right he swapped the names around on the trolleys and took the wrong 1.
I didn't bother telling him i just went up to Doc and told him what had happened (insert face palm)
Doc went and told him that i said he had swapped the names around he responded with "That guys full of shit i didn't".
Doc of course came back and told me what he said i just looked at Doc and said with a screwed up face "I'm not a dumb arse" we just laughed at it.
Doc went back and changed the trolleys and names around and wow all the walls were rite.
Some people just have a real problem taking advice some times.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
hehe, what a dumb arse
biggrin.gif

cobleman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They hire some of the how can i say it without sounding nasty simplest people around.
Half the guys get showin maybe once how to do it and are expected to work like pro's.
I've been a chippy for nearly 25 years now and you learn all the time. And i always listen to new ideas and dont care how old someone is if they have a better way of doing something I'll give it a try!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries