ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

Nephilim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to sign up for GBAtemp just to tell you guys that this is an AMAZING job you are doing here. I've been a long time fan of FF4, to me it is second only to Final Fantasy 6 (hopefully one day they will remake that one as well, I'd cream myself). But once again, super amazing spectacular job you guys, have Merry Christmas, you deserve it!

spyckotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw that as well today, didn't pay to much mind to it though, I'm lovin the work that has already been done. I wish I knew how to help. I thought that fight with the dark knight cecil was going to go on forever... a little different in the DS version.... anyway thanks for all the work so far... look forward to the next release

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The next and possibly last "beta" has been released! Here's what's been changed...

QUOTE said:
Translated the remaining monsters (like 2) and development room enemies
Did important in-combat mesages (Diamond Dust! Giga Flare!)
Finished all the status effects
Did the item menu
Did all the attributes (STR, DEF, AGI)
Translated decant menu
Translated config menu
100% white magic desciptions
100% black magic desciptions
90% Decant descriptions
Translated character classes
Translated party menu
Translated internal shop options
Fixed data suspension screen
Fixed Kain's name during the in-game battle

Will the next release be the fabled "v1.0"? Only time will tell...

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still have another surprise in the works for you all
tongue.gif
Something thats not in the table..

NO ITS NOT THE STORY.
tongue.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if the new dialogues were translated at least. I want to know what all the *insertnamehere*ingways says and do. Same gose for the Pochika or whatever they're called.

metroplex2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are doing great. I am seriously impressed. You guys are doing so well in fact, I am really hoping you guys will rest up and be ready for 5 and 6. Especially 6. Right now you guys are kings, if you do 5, Emporers, and if you do 6, supreme video overlords.
tongue.gif

Ashcroft00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if someone could post a link to the latest v08 patch. The last one I can find is the v05 patch and I would like to get the latest translation. Thanks for the help and for all of the translating work. Take care.

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering if someone could post a link to the latest v08 patch. The last one I can find is the v05 patch and I would like to get the latest translation. Thanks for the help and for all of the translating work. Take care.
The latest which is the v0.9 patch is on the first post right now.
They update the first post to reflect the latest version.
wink.gif

Ashcroft00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Andre. This is the first time I have tried anything like this. I'm hoping that I can figure out how to install the v09 patch now that I have downloaded it to my computer. Take care.

Ashcroft00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Spy...unfortunately, I think I am missing something. I have never tried ROM hacking before and I don't think I can get the translation patch with just my DS system and the FF IV DS game. In reading some of the other posts, I think I need a Flash Card Adapter which I do not have. Like I said, I haven't tried this before and I think I got in a little over my head. I will confess to being a newbie with things like this. Hopefully I can figure something out. Can anyone recommend a good flash card adapter that I can use for something like this? I really would like to use the patch because I have the game and it looks amazing, but I would love to have the english patch. Thanks!

D

Deleted User

Thanks Spy...unfortunately, I think I am missing something. I have never tried ROM hacking before and I don't think I can get the translation patch with just my DS system and the FF IV DS game. In reading some of the other posts, I think I need a Flash Card Adapter which I do not have. Like I said, I haven't tried this before and I think I got in a little over my head. I will confess to being a newbie with things like this. Hopefully I can figure something out. Can anyone recommend a good flash card adapter that I can use for something like this? I really would like to use the patch because I have the game and it looks amazing, but I would love to have the english patch. Thanks!

The Flash Card Adapters are things like M3 DS Simply or R4 Revolution for DS, or the Supercard series, G6 etc
You don't play the actual games, you play ROM Images of the games (Basically raw data of the game downloaded onto the flash card) and then you patch the rom images with the patch.

Ashcroft00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thank you. I will try to find one so that I can transfer the V09 patch from my computer to the flash card and use it in my DS. Once I have the flash card adapter, I may ask for some assistance as this is my first time trying. Thanks again for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Soundcore is decent for cheap