Hacking Im Lost and Aggrivated!!!

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please bare with me Im new to Modding. I got a membership from Myonlinedownloads.com. They've actually got like 3 different pages they send you to for guides to unlock/softmod the wii. I went through it all and I've prolly downloaded a lot more stuff than I should have. I've been running around trying this and that when they say something might work instead I try it but Im stuck cuz nothings working. I dont know if I might have missed a step somewhere or did something in the wrong order. I have the homebrew channel now. Thats about all I can really say. The 1st guide from wiiunlockplus.com says step 8. Run HBC and select DVDx_fw3.4_comex. Run the first two choices in order. Don't install DVDX (you already installed it, it will always give you an error). Note you must uninstall any illegally obtained vc/wiiware and run shared2clean or this will not work. Now to be honost I didnt read carefully and I believe to begin with I either the selected 2nd or 3rd first but either way it seems to me it should just work. I dunno tho but it says error everytime I try the 1st one which says its to downgrade IOS35 I'm not sure if this is my problem or not. For all I know it might be ready but I highly doubt it. What I want to accomplish Is to be able to play backups discs. Also I have wi-fi and I doubt it but I'm not sure if I need to do the stuff for offline setup. For Offline set up It starts by saying go to menu and select boot mii and in 15 seconds it should be at the wad manager but it never goes there it just looks like a broken tv with lines going up and everything multiplied on the screen. DOESN'T LOOK GOOD. But yeah I can't get wad manager up or neo gamma or nothing like that just a black screen. Another thing I just remembered was when I downloaded the softwii 3.0 pack with everything in it it said something about a wad usb file being corrupt so maybe I need to redownload a wad manager I dunno. The other site had me download nusd and from there download I got and tried numerous ios/wad files. Im just so lost right now I dunno what to do much respect goes out to those who try and help me. I just want to finish what I started. I feel like Im about to mess my console up and Im not sure If I would even be able to fix it if I did. I hear about the whole brick thing and it worries me but I feel like Im just right around the corner from getting to where I wanna be. PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you paid a site to send you to guides to mod your wii?!?!?!?
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl.gif
!!
131377578v6_225x225_Front.jpg

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I payed a site 15 dollars to give me a guide on how to and to give me links to everything I needed and a month worth of links of game downloads. I thought that sounded well worth it considering modding the wii should only take 5 minutes they say. Also I would have never found this site if they didn't tell me I could come here for trouble shooting.

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx for the guide I will try 1st thing after work 2morrow as I need to go to bed now. Can I skip any part of that since I already have the home brew channel up and stuff. Or do I need to get rid of it some how? Do I need to delete everything from my sd card and start over?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
kingaking13 said:
Also I would have never found this site if they didn't tell me I could come here for trouble shooting.
so 1st they rip you off $15 and and than they tell you to come here where you could have gotten all the guides for free?

ZOMG!!!!

stupidfaceh.jpg

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx for the guide I will try 1st thing after work 2morrow as I need to go to bed now. Can I skip any part of that since I already have the home brew channel up and stuff. Or do I need to get rid of it some how? Do I need to delete everything from my sd card and start over? I looked over the 1st part of your guide and I guess my problem is at the nand where i launch modmii and when I do that my tv starts flipping out instead of actually doing somthing productive. and blade homie Ive been beating myself up about it enough can ya give me a break I really dont need all that. as far as Im concerned if I can get my wii modded then regardless of the price 15 measly dollars was worth it. I searched myself for what I needed wouldnt have never found out otherwise that there was so many files. They already gave me most of the relevant files. and they pointed me here to talk and at this point I just need to talk to some1 to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand y they should have to close the topic its not like other people aren't sayin the same things there is a topic at the top that even takes you to the download links go mess with that first

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
malsuk said:
MOD PLz close the topic!!!!
I don't understand why a mod should close this topic, your post is useless.
@kingaking13:
Follow the guide like mauifrog mentioned, really do everything to make sure everything works fine and don't try different guides at the same time, this could brick your wii! Good luck and post again you have a problem, the gbatemp community will help you
wink2.gif
!

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would call your credit card company and have the charges reversed. tell them it was a scam site and try and get your money back. I find it completely hilarious that they send you here for support haha.

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but I aint sweatin all that really I'm just trying to look at the bright side and get this done right. so far I've gotten past the part I was having trouble at Mauifrog thank you other guides were saying to take certain files out to early I guess and yours has been pretty simple so far. I've successfully made it to chapter 2 with my nand done. I've downloaded the mod pack tho I've yet to go thru with it. when it says...

Run sd:\md5summer.exe
Click "Verify Sums", Select "ModPack-AnyWii.md5"
All check sums should verify without error (very important)

I go to the hbc to do that is what I'm thinking right? or pull up the sd section of wii?
also on chapter 2 part 2 it says about downgrading to 4.1 is optional what is the reason for doing this? and if its best I would have to download update talked about earlier right? and one last thing are there any games I wont be able to play?

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or hold up I just found out by clicking sd:\md5summer.exe brought me to somewhere i could click on a verify sums so Im assuming to do it there.

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I did thats all done and I've also installed wads no problem. I was wondering is the downgrading to 4.1 needed for anything? I had decided to skip that for now since it said optional and went to trying to install priiloader and it didn't work the 1st time but I think I know why and I'm goin to try again in a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water