OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Not Ghosts 'N Goblins but a similar title.

I'm trying to reconnect with some of the 1st games I've known. This game I seek I never owned, and played but a few times. Yet I know it involves a protagonist in armor.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I was like 4? >_>
I remember that his face was all the way covered. Like a jouster.
I also remembering the game being a little slower paced, and I don't remember power ups/new armors.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
In my childhood I only remember two controllers. a joystick for Atari and an NES controller. I wasn't even aware of Sega Master System's existence until like 2001-2004?

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
faxzanadu
faxanadu.png

wizards and warriors
wizards-and-warriors.png

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Wizards and warriors kind of looks familiar. I just don't remember the game looking so cheap.

Also I wasted yall's time, I've already given up. I was so set on Ghouls N Ghosts being the title But none of the youtube videos Ive watched are in the least bit familiar.

gmidnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From your description I immediately thought Wizards & Warriors. It also starts out the same way as Ghosts n' Goblins by showing a map.

There were two sequels as well, and since you're thinking the game looks cheap perhaps you're remembering one of those.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
The game I "think" I'm thinking of looks better than Wizards and Warriors yet worse than Ghosts and Ghouls.
Its got me stumped.

It could be you're just older (and more spoiled with the likes of the 360/PS3...and even Wii/GC)...My first video games were Lion King for the SNES and Pokémon Blue. Lion King actually held up pretty well, but it's not nearly as realistic as I remember it feeling (remember, I was about 4; it felt like I was travelling through the jungle!). Pokémon didn't hold up so well. I used to have fun looking at the designs of the pokémon and estimating what they were going for; now, it just looks like a pixelated mess.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I know for a fact its not ghost n ghouls because like I said, that one looked too good, plus its hard as hell. And as a kid I don't remember many games raping me except Yo Noid and a Barbie on Genisis. I know it isn't Warriors and Wizrds because of the apparent level design and how the sword is always present.

If it helps, I think the 1st level is in a forest setting.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our memories trick us into thinking that past experiences were so much better, because we think of them in terms of what it was like then. Perhaps it was Wizards and Warriors...

I remember Shadow of the Colossus as the best looking game I've ever played. Having played it again, it looks okay, but not too great. This is because I've played better looking games.
The game is still fantastic though and beats out most of the games existing in today's market due to gameplay.

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
In my childhood I only remember two controllers. a joystick for Atari and an NES controller. I wasn't even aware of Sega Master System's existence until like 2001-2004?

QUOTE(Njrg @ May 31 2010, 03:52 AM) as a kid I don't remember many games raping me except Barbie on Genisis.

I didn't know they made 3/6-button NES controllers for the genesis
wink.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Njrg said:

QUOTE(Njrg @ May 31 2010, 03:52 AM) as a kid I don't remember many games raping me except Barbie on Genisis.

wink.gif

Ahahahahahaha!

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
You are probably thinking of Iron Sword (Wizards & Warriors 2)
Iron_Sword_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Or there's Faxandu as previously posted, except your wore the full armour + helm.

Or it's simply Ghouls n Ghosts / Ghosts n Goblins
wink.gif

Or perhaps Sword Master?
sword-master.png

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Njrg said:

wink.gif
I owned an NES before I owned a SNES.
I owned a SNES before I owned a Genesis.
I owned a Genesis before I owned a 2nd SNES.
I owned a 2nd SNES before I owned a N64.
ect...
I never said that I had only one console in my upbringing nor did I say Barbie used a NES controller, is why I said Barbie on Genesis.

At the time I though Genisis was Sega's only machine, I didn't even believe in Sega Saturn until Dreamcast was out.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
monkat said:
Njrg said:

wink.gif
I owned an NES before I owned a SNES.
I owned a SNES before I owned a Genesis.
I owned a Genesis before I owned a 2nd SNES.
I owned a 2nd SNES before I owned a N64.
ect...
I never said that I had only one console in my upbringing nor did I say Barbie used a NES controller, is why I said Barbie on Genesis.

At the time I though Genisis was Sega's only machine, I didn't even believe in Sega Saturn until Dreamcast was out.

You said you didn't know about the Master System's existence until 2001-2004. I assume you were not a kid at that point?

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:

Good! Saturn is a myth! It's your fault SEGA went out of business, not believing in their most prized rushed-out-the-door console! I bet you didn't get a 32X or SEGA CD either, did you!? We could have had a Dreamcast2, but NOOOOO!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo