I'm having a hard time finding a good lcd monitor...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by triassic911, Oct 9, 2009.

1. triassic911
    OP

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...p;sku=S203-2420

This is the closest one I've found to my needs. Built-in speakers, an hdmi port, and component ports.... But I'm looking for 2 sets of component ports or at least 2 sets of audio-in ports for about the same price, or cheaper. I can't seem to find the right monitor... I want it to be at least 24" & have an aspect ratio of 16:9. I really don't care if it's 720p or 1080p as long as it's HD... Can anyone help me find a good monitor?

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    thats more of a TV screen then a computer monitor
    your paying more for built in TV tuner and other connectors

3. Santee

Santee Jalapeño

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    Conneticut
  4. triassic911
    OP

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Well I'm looking for a 2-in-1... I actually do want a computer monitor, but I also want to use it for console gaming.

5. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Buy a TV with HDMI input (or VGA) and use that. Either that or use your PC as a passthrough. Remember btw that HDMI = DVI with audio and a different pinout so you can use convertors / cables for that. There are also several video cards that can output via HDMI (including audio patchthrough).

6. triassic911
    OP

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Yeah, but would it come out cheap?

7. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Which one of the 2 options? Regardles of what you want (say at least 22-24 inch) you'll be spending at least 200 euros / dollars.

What consoles do you want to play? If they have HDMI output you could just use pretty much every PC monitor via HDMI/DVI. If you really need component you will need to either buy a TV that has those kinds of inputs OR buy a card for your PC that can patchthrough/watch component. Will it be cheap? Probably not. Will it cost more then buying 2 screens? I don't expect it to be but can't you seriously google this? Look around online or w/e.......

8. tal32123

tal32123 Newbie

look for anything from insignia (it's a best buy only brand though so you'll have to go there to find it)! hope that helped!