Gaming I'm having a hard time finding a good lcd monitor...

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...p;sku=S203-2420

This is the closest one I've found to my needs. Built-in speakers, an hdmi port, and component ports.... But I'm looking for 2 sets of component ports or at least 2 sets of audio-in ports for about the same price, or cheaper. I can't seem to find the right monitor... I want it to be at least 24" & have an aspect ratio of 16:9. I really don't care if it's 720p or 1080p as long as it's HD... Can anyone help me find a good monitor?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats more of a TV screen then a computer monitor
your paying more for built in TV tuner and other connectors

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Well I'm looking for a 2-in-1... I actually do want a computer monitor, but I also want to use it for console gaming.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:
Well I'm looking for a 2-in-1... I actually do want a computer monitor, but I also want to use it for console gaming.
Buy a TV with HDMI input (or VGA) and use that. Either that or use your PC as a passthrough. Remember btw that HDMI = DVI with audio and a different pinout so you can use convertors / cables for that. There are also several video cards that can output via HDMI (including audio patchthrough).

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Scorpei said:
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:
Buy a TV with HDMI input (or VGA) and use that. Either that or use your PC as a passthrough. Remember btw that HDMI = DVI with audio and a different pinout so you can use convertors / cables for that. There are also several video cards that can output via HDMI (including audio patchthrough).
Yeah, but would it come out cheap?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
triassic911 said:
Scorpei said:
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:
Yeah, but would it come out cheap?
Which one of the 2 options? Regardles of what you want (say at least 22-24 inch) you'll be spending at least 200 euros / dollars.

What consoles do you want to play? If they have HDMI output you could just use pretty much every PC monitor via HDMI/DVI. If you really need component you will need to either buy a TV that has those kinds of inputs OR buy a card for your PC that can patchthrough/watch component. Will it be cheap? Probably not. Will it cost more then buying 2 screens? I don't expect it to be but can't you seriously google this? Look around online or w/e.......

T

tal32123

look for anything from insignia (it's a best buy only brand though so you'll have to go there to find it)! hope that helped!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-